Oh no its an Onkyo!

peds

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
Thanks to the very helpfull info posted by Claire Newsome I have finally taken the plunge and got myself the 605. While instore though i went with sales advice and purchased the Kef 2005.2 speaker package. I only paid £400 for them after getting the 605 for £360 and half price speaker cables (£50 instead of £100) i thought it was a good deal. I fear that those of you in the know will say i should have gotten the Q 1010i's. Can anyone shed any light? Is there better value for my £810? Its not to late to take them back! Oh any one know when that PS3 update is due for Dolby True HD output?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="peds"]Sorry for spellingyour name wrong Clare!!![/quote]

No problem (as long as my Dad isn't reading - he gets more insulted than me!)

But back to the question - nice set-up, but yes, the Q Acoustic 1010i would give you a bigger, better sound than the KEF 2005.2 package, for movies and especially for music. Much better partner for the Onk...

peds

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
A quick congrats Clare, Its a fantastic set up you have with the invaluble info you pass through this site and the outstanding magazine evry month ( which i did get today as a subscriber!!) Pat on the back for the whole team that make it possible.

Back to my post i so wanted you to say the Kefs but for a system costing £800 i dont suppose i could have afforded the 1010i's

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Even the 1010s - which I think you can grab for @£400 would be worth comparing, but relax: you've got a good system there.

And thanks for the feedback (and especially nice to see the kick we gave the subs despatch people seems to have had an effect re delivery times!)

peds

Mar 2, 2008
Visit site
I have to be brutal and say that what car might like to follow your lead. I have tried in vain to raise there heads from there computer screens (or your magazine!) in an attempt to help with a paticularly poor manufacurer (volvo!!) to no avail. Dont fancy Editor in chief of what car instead??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts