nads

[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Oh dear oh dear oh dear[/quote]

23_50_3.gif

A

Anonymous

Nice, what did you upgrade from? What clinched it for you??

John Duncan

Well it was 146 quid with 20 minutes to go. I couldn't not, really could I? Ended up £212........

And since the going rate for my 640c v2 is about 165/170 quid, that means I've, like, made 500 quid or something (this is the argument I used at home).

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]Well it was 146 quid with 20 minutes to go. I couldn't not, really could I? Ended up £212........

And since the going rate for my 640c v2 is about 165/170 quid, that means I've, like, made 500 quid or something (this is the argument I used at home).[/quote]

That's always a good argument, my brand new ProAcs were only £350 ;-)

A

Anonymous

Hi all of you, may I have a question. I
have a big Sony AV receiver and Jamo shelf speakers. The radio part of the receiver sounds ok if i turn the bass on to the full. But if I listen to my laptop mp3s the sound, although clear, lacks the bass! Should I add a subwoofer, would it solve the problem? I listened to some subwoofers at music stores, and found that they add
only a very little (although significant). I also found that
below 100-150 Hz I do not really hear anything. So what is your advice?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Unfortunately that's one of the problems with compressed music files like MP3 on an AV amp. You could try a DAC and higher resolution MP3 storage. I don't think a sub is the solution, but I could be wrong.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
And there's me thinking i'd grabbed eBay's bargain of the week by getting 5 mint Dusty Springfield LPs for £9.99
emotion-2.gif

[/quote]

5 Dusty CDs. Make sure you give them a good clean before you put them on your gramophone Clare.

John Duncan

[quote user="zenezene"]Hi all of you, may I have a question. I
have a big Sony AV receiver and Jamo shelf speakers. The radio part of the receiver sounds ok if i turn the bass on to the full. But if I listen to my laptop mp3s the sound, although clear, lacks the bass! Should I add a subwoofer, would it solve the problem? I listened to some subwoofers at music stores, and found that they add
only a very little (although significant). I also found that
below 100-150 Hz I do not really hear anything. So what is your advice?[/quote]

Hi zenezene - I would suggest you post this as a new thread in the mp3 forum, with an appropriate title like 'laptop sound'.

cheers

JD

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts