Question Oberon 7 DISAPPEARED FROM WHAT HIFI

mahobe

Feb 12, 2021
Visit site
Until a few days ago I was in the process of buying new speakers. I was between Oberon 7 and Bronze 500. The STRONGEST point in favor of the Oberons were the MANY yearly awards received by those speakers in What Hi Fi. Also, the STUNNING review they received here. However, since a few days (one week?) ago, all references to Oberon 7 in What Hi Fi have LITERALLY disappeared. Can someone tell me what happened? Is What Hi Fi a serious website? I have never seen something like this before.
Thanks!

mahobe

Feb 12, 2021
Visit site
I am pretty sure there were many references in this website to the Oberon 7s which are not listed anymore. Sorry for the capital letters. It just pissed me off. For instance, ten days ago if you googled Oberon 7, the first reference listed was what hi fi. Not anymore. Same thing with the awards from previous years. It is now much harder to find them.

I am pretty sure there were many references in this website to the Oberon 7s which are not listed anymore. Sorry for the capital letters. It just pissed me off. For instance, ten days ago if you googled Oberon 7, the first reference listed was what hi fi. Not anymore. Same thing with the awards from previous years. It is now much harder to find them.
If they were ever published then even if WHF later removed them they would still appear in a Google seach, I believe.
You'd simply get a page not found message.

mahobe

Feb 12, 2021
Visit site
No, it is not how it works. Google refreshes listings permanently, and if a webpage was deleted, it will not be shown. I am pretty sure other people saw the references to O7s here.

D

Deleted member 188533

No, it is not how it works. Google refreshes listings permanently, and if a webpage was deleted, it will not be shown. I am pretty sure other people saw the references to O7s here.

Yep you're right about google indexing but I don't see any reference on the other search engines nor do I see any off site posts ( reddit etc. ) mentioning the review either. So if it did exist it was truly scrubbed. Editorial and the forums are separate entities so I don't know anyone to directly ask but if I had to guess I'd say you're mistaken and read the review elsewhere. If you can find some reference to it I'd be curious enough to forward the question to the Community team and they can ask the Editorial people. :)

Reactions: Al ears
It’s a conspiracy, surely. The Oberon 5 were demoed a couple of years ago at the Bristol Show, sounded great, won best sound award, later became an Annual Award winner. They don’t want anybody finding out about the 7!

Seriously though, most ranges have a sweet spot. It’s not intentional, or they’d each be equally sweet. But by the time production goes ahead for x,000 models in PRC, there’s a bit of pot luck how they churn out. That’s been the case for many speaker ranges for decades. Wait a few years and see which models are sold out when the ‘end of line’ sales begin.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts