NYC View - Starting Out

km.ipj

Jan 1, 2021
Visit site
Any thoughts on how to enhance the system? Given the long room shape, DIRAC helped a lot (sounds way better with a filter/correction)

1. Center piece for movies (dialog clarity could use improvement)

2. Subwoofer

3. Better quality receiver - NAD 778 or Cambridge Audio Evo 150 or NAD Masters versions.

4. Will add more rugs to the room to make sound warmer.
New to all this, so just starting out.

Attachments

• 20230808_190428.jpg
    20230808_190428.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230808_190500.jpg
    20230808_190500.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 10

Gray

What a fantastic view.
You could rent the place out to marketing departments - it's the sort of place speakers are often pictured in hi-fi mags.

I can only be honest and tell you that such ads could hardly be showing a more hostile environment for audio.

Almost certainly the biggest improvement you could make......would ruin your view - so it would be crazy of me to even mention it.

But your number 4 suggestion, in my opinion, is your second best option....and it would be nothing less than wall- to-wall carpet for me 👍

Reactions: km.ipj

km.ipj

Jan 1, 2021
Visit site
What a fantastic view.
You could rent the place out to marketing departments - it's the sort of place speakers are often pictured in hi-fi mags.

I can only be honest and tell you that such ads could hardly be showing a more hostile environment for audio.

Almost certainly the biggest improvement you could make......would ruin your view - so it would be crazy of me to even mention it.

But your number 4 suggestion, in my opinion, is your second best option....and it would be nothing less than wall- to-wall carpet for me 👍
Thank you! Yes, room improvement, I agree, will make the biggest improvement. Hard to do too much of it though in a rental apartment.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts