Nuforce DDA-100 how to connect a DAC

iluvsynths

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I recently bought a second hand DDA-100 (to good an offer to turn down) and was wondering if anyone knows if It's possible to

(a) connect a turntable? I know no phono inputs but wondered if there was anyway round this.

(b) connect a DAC with only rca phono outputs (I also have a second set of phono outputs on DAC)

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my wee head is spinning :rofl:

regards Stephen.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
a) Easy enough. Take your turntable of choice, with a phono stage and feed it through an analogue to digital comverter. Take the digital out to your DDA 100. For a suitable device look here.

b) Exactly the same as a). The device I link too only handles one input though, this may be a limitation.

It also begs the question why you would want to do that.

iluvsynths

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi Dave that's brilliant, thank you. Didn't want to try for fear of a catastrophe! Many thanks for a quick reply, such a brilliant forum.

Regards Stephen.

iluvsynths

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I know what you mean, Purchased DAC recently and didn't want to let it go (it's new audio gd es9018!) still not sure what to do regarding keeping items!

cleggton

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Why exactly do you want to connect a DAC, since the DDA is effectively a DAC itself. You would have a signal path that effectively looked like

Digital source -> Dac -> ADC -> DDA (DAC) -> Speakers

Rather than

Digital Source -> DDA (DAC) -> Speakers.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
iluvsynths said:
I know what you mean, Purchased DAC recently and didn't want to let it go (it's new audio gd es9018!) still not sure what to do regarding keeping items!

Both nice pieces of kit, but they really do not go together at all. Unless you can use them in separate systems it is probably 'make your mind up' time.

If it is of any help, my brief experience of Audio G product, a fairly early NFB11 (I think, maybe a 12) was that it was subjectively very 'characterful' and clearly 'voiced' to sound engaging. Not heard the DDA-100, but I would expect an altogether cooler, more neutral presentation.

iluvsynths

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes that's been my thoughts about matching, will have to do some a/b testing and make a decision. Been using a Blu Ray player as a transport so the DAC has been quite a revelation.

iluvsynths

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Cleggton Yes seems like overkill, just wanted to know if having a separate DAC would improve sound, but spose it may just confuse sound?

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Do you like the sound of the DDA-100 (without a DAC) ?

I know the DDA-100 very well and it's a fascinating piece of equipment.

iluvsynths

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Not received my mine, yet but have heard a friends and have to say it's the only amplifier that's made me stop and want to hear song after song. So different from conventional amps.

TRENDING THREADS