Nordost Flat Line Gold or QED X-Tube Silver anniversary

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Not heard the Nordost, but I do have QED S.A XT running my surround sound and had the non XT version in my Hi-Fi for many years.

It's a very good cable, fast and detailed, but can be accused (fairly, IMO) of being on the brighter side of neutral. Doesn't seem to have much effect in my home cinema, where I use a sub and my satellite speakers have the low end filtered off anyway, but may be of more concern in a hifi set-up.

If your current sound is a touch plodding or warm, the QED may well be the perfect antidote.

I will say that I ditched the QED S.A from my Hi-Fi a couple of years ago for Atlas Hyper 2.0. This cable is much more neutral in delivery, but still detailed. Of course, at 3 times the price per metre of the Silver Anniversary, you'd expect improvements!:)

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Not heard the QED, but I thought the Flatline Gold to be good neutral speaker cable. Although Nordost cables are sometimes accused of being bright, I think that is down to the silver used as you move up the range. The flatline gold is all copper and definitely not bright.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts