Noooo!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Didn't realize this was such a delicate subject...

To balance things a bit: I did (and still do) like the Spitting Image video clip for Genesis' Land of Confusion! *ok*

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
DocG said:
Didn't realize this was such a delicate subject...

To balance things a bit: I did (and still do) like the Spitting Image video clip for Genesis' Land of Confusion! *ok*

If you hang around a while, tonky is going to inform us of a band/artist that can fill stadiums, have a string of hits, be hugely successful and have universal praise by everyone on the planet
thumbs_up.gif

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Freddy58 said:
tonky said:
You got me there.

Justin Bieber - universally loved by all too.

tonky

Actually, not touchy at all. It just seems like he's the 'go to' artist when somebody feels like giving someone a slagging, when I can't see what he's done wrong.

Justin Bieber?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:
tonky said:
You got me there.

tonky

Actually, not touchy at all. It just seems like he's the 'go to' artist when somebody feels like giving someone a slagging, when I can't see what he's done wrong.

Justin Bieber?

Phil Collins, keep up *biggrin*

You read it, it looked like you were defending Bieber. *smile*

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
you said he was bland. - I was only joking (going with the flow so to speak.)

Bieber is a tit. But what a performance by him on TFI last week

tonky

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I'm still trying to think of an artist that has sold millions of records, and is still universally popular.

The Beatles?

Rolling Stones?

Sigue Sigue Sputnik?

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:
tonky said:
You got me there.

tonky

Justin Bieber?

Phil Collins, keep up *biggrin*

You read it, it looked like you were defending Bieber. *smile*

Nah, would never do that
thumbs_up.gif

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I'm still trying to think of an artist that has sold millions of records, and is still universally popular.

The Beatles?

Rolling Stones?

Sigue Sigue Sputnik?

"by everyone on the planet"
thumbs_up.gif
There are plenty on here that will slag off The Beatles.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

The Beatles?

Rolling Stones?

Sigue Sigue Sputnik?

"by everyone on the planet" There are plenty on here that will slag off The Beatles.

How about Sigue Sigue Sputnik?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

The Beatles?

Rolling Stones?

Sigue Sigue Sputnik?

"by everyone on the planet" There are plenty on here that will slag off The Beatles.

Who?

sigue.png

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

The Beatles?

Rolling Stones?

Sigue Sigue Sputnik?

Who?

The iconic new-wave band! Come on, Freddy!

sigue.png

Edit: BBB beat me to it -- with the very same iconic picture...

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

They weren't even universally popular with the 5 members of the band. *biggrin*

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
DocG said:
Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Freddy58 said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

The Beatles?

Rolling Stones?

Sigue Sigue Sputnik?

Who?

The iconic new-wave band! Come on, Freddy!

Edit: BBB beat me to it -- with the very same iconic picture...

I actually saw one of their very few gigs, 86 I think. They were so bad they were hillariously good, twenty years before their time, they would have gone down a storm on Pop Idol, Tony James was a real star, of a kind.

Infiniteloop

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Phil's solo Albums always sound very well recorded and produced. Unlike most of the current mess that passes for popular music these days.

Genesis on CD sounds worse SQ-wise than I remember it on vinyl though.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
talent? It matters not to me, after all, I've seen it said that Victoria Beckham has lots of talent, maybe folks prefer that?

I think people are referring to her fashion design business, which is, surprisingly perhaps, very highly thought of.

Covenanter

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Freddy58 said:
talent? It matters not to me, after all, I've seen it said that Victoria Beckham has lots of talent, maybe folks prefer that?

I think people are referring to her fashion design business, which is, surprisingly perhaps, very highly thought of.

Yes she and her husband are so untalented and thick that their estimated wealth is in excess of £500m. I wish I was so useless!

Chris

paulkebab

Dec 26, 2014
Visit site
is quite interesting, Collins put so much work into the band that it led to his marital downfall as so often highlighted in his solo albums. I think Trick Of The Tail is one of the best albums ever, in terms of musicality, production and writing. I don't know why their CD's should sound so different from vinyl although I must say Wind and Wuthering is one of their poorer engineered offerings in any format that I've heard.

Should Collins do a comeback? Well, he can't play the drums now so probably not.

Yes are currently touring if they can possibly float your boat again!

GCE

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Lissen to Phil Collins, in the first album by British jazz fusion group Brand X, please *biggrin*

Brand_X_Unorthodox_Behaviour.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unorthodox_Behaviour

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts