non naim cdp + naim amp?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm returning to the UK hoping to ship some of my equipments back, (cdp:Esoteric amp:plinius 8200mk2 Sp:Spendor sp2/3r)i read from some forums suggesting good synergy with spendor speakers, but with non naim cdp? i know this should probably go in Naim forum but i guess the chance of naim users having the whole combo are being too high to comment on my case.

I do like the esoteric+plinius combo, but i bought the plinius 2nd hand, don't think i want to bring it all the way back and convert the voltage, buying plinius new in uk could set me up around 3k which i try to avoid(saving up for my family), unless good deal came up, i'd like to know if anyone have nice result with naim amp sourced by non naim cdp?

thanks

andy

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
I thoroughly enjoy my Rega Saturn CDP with my 202/200 combo. When auditioning, it had a better synergy than the CD 5x. Have heard the CDX2 this too was too clinical for my tastes. The only "upgrade" fro mwhat I have now will cost £6K + power supply in the form of a CDS3.

Made sure I got a pair of I/C's RCA -> Din which imporved things further.

suppose its how you like your sound, I like the warmth and analogue sounding nature of the saturn and CDS3. The CD5x and (lesser so ) the CDX2 were a bit clinical and harsh IMO.

Think it's fair to say that Naim do prefer their own siblings rather than other makes. True blue has been chuffed with Rega/Naim which is great, but from personal experience, I've heard the Nait 5i with Cyrus
emotion-21.gif
, on the other hand, paired with Arcam, Naim doesn't sound right.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the replies, weird i heard naim cdp is more flexible with non-naim amp, but not the other way round!?

andy

Naxos

Oct 31, 2008
Visit site
As you'll see from my sig, I run a Cyrus CD8 SE into a Naim Supernait, and I would have no hesitation in recommending the two together - if anything, the Naim warms the Cyrus' sound a little, although I've never found the latter to be overly cold and clinical.

jockey.wilson

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
Naxos:As you'll see from my sig, I run a Cyrus CD8 SE into a Naim Supernait, and I would have no hesitation in recommending the two together - if anything, the Naim warms the Cyrus' sound a little, although I've never found the latter to be overly cold and clinical.

My system isn't that different to the above. Agreed that Naim and Cyrus work well together. Having previously owned an 'olive' Naim pre-power, I would say that the new stuff is more forgiving of sources that are not Naim's own brand...

A

Anonymous

i have been running a roksan dpi dpa througha naim nait 2 for im gessiing about 12 years it is absolutely brilliant i have also biwered my b&w speakers for about the last 6 years witch i have recently found out is a no no i had no idea about this until about 2 weeks ago ignorance is bliss sometimes yes good idea for naim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts