No sound from TV to speakers via amp

JJ

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

Can anybody help me with this please?

I have just bought a new Plasma TV (LG 50PV350T), Q Acoustics 2000 Cinema speakers and an Onkyo TX-NR609.

Everything is ok for movies but I cannot seem to connect the TV to the amp for sound.

I have used a pair of RCA analogue cables from the TV output at the back into the amp's Cable/SAT connection and have also tried to asign the correct input on the amp's menu, but still no luck.

Am I missing something here?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Have you checked in the menus that you don't have to enable the sound output from the TV to an amplifier? I had a Sony that required this before any sound was output over the line out.

Edit: Checked online for a manual but cannot match up the model number - I have found an LG 50PT350 - this TV only has an optical out - no analogue. Can you confirm the model number (or find your TV on the LG www site and post a link here).

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

JJ

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my query.

This is the link to my TV: http://www.lg.com/uk/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-plasma-tv-50PV350T.jsp

I have seen if there is a function in the TV menu to enable sound to the amp but cannot find any.

Thank you.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

From what I can read on the link you gave, your TV is the same as the one I mentioned in that it has a digital audio out which requires an optical lead to connect from the TV to the amp. Under the 'Jack pack (rear)' heading.

This lead is also known as a Toslink cable. There are various brands available from most hi-fi stores. Connect that and you should be good to go.

If there's still no sound, look for a menu listing to turn the TV speakers off. This should enable the digital output on the rear of the TV.

Enjoy :)

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Looks like those analogue sockets are audio inputs for use when a video connection that doesn't also carry audio - eg component video, etc - is used to feed the TV. The solution would seem to be the optical connection from the TV to the receiver.

JJ

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Gentlemen,

The cable arrived today and all I had to do was plug it in at both ends and everything works fine now. I did not even need to assign anything as the TV picked it up immediately.

Many thanks again for your help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts