No Headphone Jack...Solution?

EvoKazz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hiya guys, I am using the Sony HTSF1300 AV Receiver which I love to bits, but it doesnt have a headphone jack, and seen as all my devices come through this box it's somewhat of an issue if I wish to listen at night on headphones, is there anything I can buy that will...add...a headphone jack so to speak, retaining the HD Audio quality from my amp (not surround).

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Unless you can find a digital link out and a more expensive DAC/headphone amp, which will probably cost more than your receiver, I'd go with the suggestion - simple, direct. What connections does the receiver have?

EvoKazz

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
jmjones said:
Unless you can find a digital link out and a more expensive DAC/headphone amp, which will probably cost more than your receiver, I'd go with the suggestion - simple, direct. What connections does the receiver have?

It has pretty much everything, most are taken up though, but I guess if need be could buy a switcher or Y splitter of sorts...

I have COAX - Optical - HDMI - Phono

jmjones

Mar 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi again,

I've just been having a look at the manual for your receiver, and assuming I am looking at the right unit, it only has one output - hdmi. All the other connections are inputs??

Hate to say this, but can't see any way you can run headphones from the receiver direct. Does your tv have a headphone socket or RCA output?

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Difficult to say really if your TV will be good or not; that'll be down to the quality of its own DACs and amps, but you don't really have an option: your Sony AV receiver doesn't have any analogue outputs at all (obviously except the speaker outputs) and the only digital output is the one solitary HDMI socket.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts