No HD audio/DD symbol from Yam 1065?? & whats PCM?

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Should I get a symbol displaying the type of audio??

I get 'PCM' and 'Pro LG2' but no DD or Master audio.....

watching bot sky HD and bluray.......

Is the set up wrong??

A

Anonymous

Now thats made it clearer
emotion-7.gif

I read somewhere that if the br has audio in pcm it is best you can get is that right followed by dts master audio down to dd, Is this correct?

A

Anonymous

as ive said before , it doesnt appear that the yamaha amps display the current audio format , it would be nice if someone in the know could confirm this ?

A

Anonymous

If you press info button on front display until audio decoder comes up it stays on what is showing, only found it today upto now always had input showing, when flicked to sky hd channel it changed from pcm to dd, is this what you are after?

A

Anonymous

iamthetimberman:If you press info button on front display until audio decoder comes up it stays on what is showing, only found it today upto now always had input showing, when flicked to sky hd channel it changed from pcm to dd, is this what you are after?good spot , there is an info button on my rxv765s remote , pressing it does reveal the current audio input
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Just checked mine, presto i have aswell
emotion-2.gif
going to have to put a br on in the morning just to see different audios appear
emotion-5.gif

Glad i have been of help to someone rather than always asking the questions, will be able to sleep now

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Hi Nick

what are you using to play your Blu Ray discs? I know that, as I use a PS3, no receiver will display the DTS HDMA logo, because the PS3 decodes the Master Audio soundtrack internally. Also, to get HD audio via a PS3 I have to set the audio output to PCM, but the PS3 slim has to be set to Bitstream... Unless, of course, you've tried the suggestions of Max & iamthetimberman and found that you were getting HD audio all along! There's always a learning curve with new equipment, especially these days as audio/video equipment has become so multifunctional. I'll probably never use some of the receiver's functions. Luckily, it sounds fantastic; and that's all that matters in the end for me... Assume you can hear a difference between standard DD or DTS and lossless audio?

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
maxflinn:good spot , there is an info button on my rxv765s remote , pressing it does reveal the current audio input
emotion-21.gif

I thought I told you that in another topic a few days ago
emotion-40.gif

A

Anonymous

kevinJ:
maxflinn:good spot , there is an info button on my rxv765s remote , pressing it does reveal the current audio input
emotion-21.gif

I thought I told you that in another topic a few days ago
emotion-40.gif

you did
emotion-10.gif
, but i didnt bother checking it out it at the time , i was too busy with other things , and er , forgot.
emotion-21.gif
ive had a fun week
emotion-3.gif

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
Right then, have sorted the sub, thanks max! I needed to turn the volume to maximum for the auto set up to work at a decent volume. May go in and adjust manually as well as I can hear it now, but maybe its not quite right....

So, when watching sky HD I get the amp displaying PCM and if I press info, its say Dolbly pro logic 2. With Bluray I get PCM and Pro logic 2. Am using Sony BD360 strapped.

Am I hearing DTS MAster Audio, and Dobly Digital? or just Dolby Pro logic 2????? Is PCM HD audio??

My old amp switched between DD and Pro logic when I change channels on sky and clearly displued DD 5.1 when watching Bluray. Surely this new amp should be able to tell me what I am hearing??

A

Anonymous

nick , while watching blurays , you should see "dolby digital" , "dolby true hd" , or "dts mas audio" depending on the audio on the disc , but , you have to go into the bluray disc settings with most blurays , and select the optimium soundtrack available , as most default to dolby didital...

also , id check the settings on your bdp360 , i have a feeling that it may be decoding the audio , the settings should be

audio output priority ........ hdmi

audio(hdmi).................auto

bd
audio setting...........direct

audio att...................off

dolby
digital..........dolby digital

dts................dts

48khz/96khz
pcm...............96khz

audio drc.................widerange...

downmix..............normal..

apply these to your sony , and the amp will then definately be doing the decoding , if it isnt already ...

strapped for cash

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Nick,

I think, though I'm not 100%, that I only select PCM on my PS3 because it decodes internally. I think you neeed to select bitstream on the Blu Ray player... can anybody confirm this??? Unless the settings Max posted produce the goods?

You should definitely see the DDHD or DTS MA symbol on the 1065's display. I'm waiting till I can afford a Sony BDPS370 to give my system an extra edge.

Nick_Shepherd

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
thanks again max / strapped......

I'll go throuh tthe Sont set up later tonight.

Any reason the Sky HD box does not read Dolby Digital? For both inputs its saying PCM? I did read max's link for PCM which said its an anologue to digital signal. That cant be DD or DTS no?

Still dont understand what PCM is / means in terms of what I am listening too......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts