Night listening sessions reflection

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
jjbomber said:
nopiano said:
grimharry said:
Just bought a 3m kettle lead on fleabay to give this a go.
Don't forget to check if the kettle boils quicker with your Merlin cable. That's at least measurable!

Also, when the kettle whistles, is there a great soundstage? Does the whistle have great dynamics to it? Best of all, when the kettle whistles and your wife walks in, does she notice the improved sound? She'll know that you have upgraded the cable. *biggrin*

All I’ll be asked is how much have I spent this time. Normally with that slightly pained pitying look.

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
stereoman said:
Maybe you're right. It's a bit tiring Hobby sometimes I must say...I would not be surprised if I ditched it the other day for a simple wireless solution. We'll see...but I have been so long in this that I'm still hesitating to convert. But with HiFI there are too many issues. Far too many, that make a listener fed up sometimes with all this.

for me, a good state of mind always makes the music sound better. And that's why a good glass of something can be the best tweak you need :)

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
stereoman said:
Hi. Trust me it is not about being relaxed at mind. I sometimes come back home pretty late from the Airport evening shift job and switch my Hi Fi when making dinner. I can swear now ,and funnily enough also after a few-hour-earlier-suggestions, that it could be about electric pollution. Everything proves this. Every night no matter how tired or relaxed I am and if I stay late of course ( it is not that I am listening to music late every night ) the sound was much better. In the mornings or around noon - a setback like hell. There must have been something. Another proof in pudding can be that very often I am using a small bluetooth speaker that I connect with Spotify especially when falling asleep and listening to new albums when my other half allows ;) The same speaker no matter what day and time it is - it sounds exactly the same ! I could never ever notice any sound changes coming from it. Only from my Hi Fi. And each Hi Fi that I previously had. It might be that some systems are wrongly connected like mine was whereas some from you have decent sockets and this problem is almost non existent. But I am now 99% certain that each amp should and can be enormously improved by direct plugging to the mains. And at the same - the sound. I really could not believe a few hours ago when I tested it...

sounds to me like you've convinced yourself what the issue is, regardless of the the actual reasons why it may sound different to you.

Maybe you're right. It's a bit tiring Hobby sometimes I must say...I would not be surprised if I ditched it the other day for a simple wireless solution. We'll see...but I have been so long in this that I'm still hesitating to convert. But with HiFI there are too many issues. Far too many, that make a listener fed up sometimes with all this. By the way, it really might be that wireless technology will surpass all classic Hi Fi. No cables, no issues, no acoustics ****, no source problems, speaker matching etc.

stereoman

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
stereoman said:
Maybe you're right. It's a bit tiring Hobby sometimes I must say...I would not be surprised if I ditched it the other day for a simple wireless solution. We'll see...but I have been so long in this that I'm still hesitating to convert. But with HiFI there are too many issues. Far too many, that make a listener fed up sometimes with all this.

for me, a good state of mind always makes the music sound better. And that's why a good glass of something can be the best tweak you need :)

That's also true..

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
jjbomber said:
nopiano said:
grimharry said:
Just bought a 3m kettle lead on fleabay to give this a go.
Don't forget to check if the kettle boils quicker with your Merlin cable. That's at least measurable!

Also, when the kettle whistles, is there a great soundstage? Does the whistle have great dynamics to it? Best of all, when the kettle whistles and your wife walks in, does she notice the improved sound? She'll know that you have upgraded the cable. *biggrin*

bollox, everybody knows you need pair of kettles for proper stereo image

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
There might be a difference I’m going to try the night and day wife test tomorrow but if the difference is there it’s got to be witchcraft and heresy. Then again there are more things in heaven and earth.......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts