Newly built apartment, wired for surround sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm in the process of buying a new apartment (it's almost ready - should have the keys in a couple of weeks). I want to kit it out with a decent home theatre. These are the components I've pretty much decided on:

Pioneer PDP-428XD; Onkyo TX-SR705; PS3; Marantz CD6002; B&W 685 Theatre Package.

We have been told that the apartment is wired for surround sound. I don't have any details of this wiring yet, and I just wondered if anybody has had any experience with buying a newly built property that claimed to be wired like this. If so, could you tell me what kind of experience you had with it - whether it was done in a useful way or with reasonable quality cabling or whatever?

I presume that this type of thing probably varies greatly from development to development, but any word of advice or bit of info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Knowing house builders, they have probably used bell wire!!

Unless I had specified it myself, I wouldn't bother using it.

A

Anonymous

Unscrew the face plate and have a look at the wire.

Admittedly, that will not tell you about the respective length of the runs, or if they have been run along side the power cables, but it will give you a clue as to how seriously they have treated it.

David.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts