• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

New Yamaha amp to be released? R-N803D

Oct 12, 2016
Hi everyone,

i've come across this i'm relatively new to hi-fi but too me from the spec sheet it looks like an improved version of the r-n602.

weirdly i can't find anything on the web about it and i swear it wasn't on that webste a few days ago.

anyone know anything about it?

apparently its "the world's first stereo receiver and hi-fi system, which is equipped with the Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer" found some press on some polish websites about it but no price

iMark

May 16, 2008
As the owner of a R-N602 I was obviously curious to see what the changes are in this upgrade.

- A bit more power

- DAB+

- YPRA

There's a youtube video of a prototype. http://www.audiovideohd.fr/actualites/11704-Yamaha-R-N803D.html

I do think Yamaha have missed a trick in this update: an HDMI input for decoding the signal from a Bluray player for Bluray Audio/DVD-A and SACD. The latest Onkyo (TX-8270) has HDMI inputs and an output.

I'm not sure what the YPRA will bring on the stereo front. Feature wise I would probably choose the TX-8270 over the R-N803D. But neither will be a great upgrade over our current R-N602. DAB+ isn't something very useful when there is internet radio. For the time being we can still receive around 40 FM stations through the cable company.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts