New turntable

gasolin

Im considering a rega intro mabye with an upgraded AT needle, ATN-91,ATN91R,ATN95E,ATN3600L,LP Gear Upgrade Carbon Elliptical for Rega Carbon stylus or what ever that could be a cheap needle upgrade + a better turntable mat

One of my local store AV Connection has 20 year birthday and has 20% of on selected products including discounts on rega intro, pro-ject debut III s audiophile, Pro-ject Debut carbon Esprite DC in many different colours with a m2 red (£333) £450 in uk? https://www.hifix.co.uk/project-debut-carbon-esprit-sb-turntable

What can you tell me about the Rega intro? (£200)

How much better is a Pro-ject Debut carbon Esprite DC (£333) is it worth the price difference ? (i think it could be)

What is the difference between the Pro-ject Debut carbon Esprite DC and the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon what hifi reviewed sonically?

Jimboo

It is not our fault you understand but the forum has no choice but to be repeatably boring in answering what is the best and why questions. There is the blurb and promises of the maker and the view of a reviewer.
You know what to do , audition , audition , ad infinitum.

D

Deleted member 108165

Thought you previously owned a Rega or a Project Gasolin? Didn't you once own the "Queen by Rega" turntable?

gasolin

I wanted to go vintage, the one i got was very prone to vibrations, even after replacing the foam in the springs (pioneer PL-D12),

At that time i didn't wanted to buy a shelf to mount on the wall (i have on now).

Than i found a very good deal on a new reloop 2000mk II and bought that

Theres some fairly big disount on the project and rega turntable, Pro-Ject Debut III S Audiophile costs almost as little on amazon as i can get for in denmark, so it's not a really good deal https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B079M84Q8F/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Rega intro €200, theres very little information what the difference is to a rega planar 1 but the price difference i big 2/3 more for a planar 1 compared to a rega intro with a discount, i could upgrade the stylus and mat to improve sound further without reaching the price of the 2 other turntables

Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit DC is the most expsensive but comes with a 2M-red cartridge and a better motor than the non dc model and it stil has an acrylic platter, only difference to the carbon sb dc is that it doesn't have a speed boox so you need manually change speed, if you need to.

I only have 33.33 rpm records

D

Deleted member 108165

Looks like you don't get adjustable bias or VTF on the Rega until you get to the P3.

gasolin

Looks like you don't get adjustable bias or VTF on the Rega until you get to the P3.

Has never been a problem for me, if i where to get one i could use the stock cartridge or change to a better stylus from Audio Technica since the are compatible, later

I just don't know the difference between a rega intro and the planar p1

It cost 1500 of my currency for the rega intro and the reloop mk3 not as new as my mk2 (the latest 2000 is the m,k2 not the mk3) goes used for as much as 1200 so in theory it shouldn't cost me alot to buy a different turntable, i have a few turntable mats and at stylus is only 20-30 euro (one of them should be an upgrade to the rega carbon even when it's cheap).

D

Deleted member 108165

I can find no info on the Rega intro, is this the Rega P1?

gasolin

IT'S NOT THE P1 alone based on the p1 but it could be a simply version of it

D

Deleted member 108165

No info on the Intro on the UK website at all, the only reference to it seems to be the US/CDN market as per your stevehoffman link.

D

Deleted member 108165

In this case, and many cases, it will probably mean cheap = poorly made and built to a low price. Wait a while until some reviews become available.

gasolin

Pro-ject primary e,the non e, elements and essentials 2 for 200 to 228 euros don't mean they are bad, they just have the basics and are an alternative to a cheap or expensive plastic turntable and sounds better

B stock, anniversay, birthday sale...... they are of course cheaper but not nessesearily bad just because there are cheap

The rega intro retail price is 267.5 euros so tomorrow i can save 67.50 euros

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 108165

Agreed. You're a good guy Gasolin and I hate to see anyone going backwards with their kit... if only you had kept that Rega Queen deck :unsure:

D

Deleted member 108165

I bought one, than i have to see what i want to upgrade to in cartridge later

I been recommended to buy a Audio-Technica AT-VM95E, which im pretty shure i will.

View attachment 1012
My only concern for you is that you have bought a turntable with zero adjustment for bias and VTF... you might be better sticking with Rega carts.

gasolin

There are many cartridges i can use from AT, im not the type who changes cartridges all the time, with my rega queen i had the rega carbon for 3 years, never changed it.

The only reason i changed it on my current tt is because the one that i stock is very fuldbodied and dark sounding, i wanted somthing with a clearer more open sound without having to use tonecontrols

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts