New to Vinyl, Best Budget Turntable?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Al ears said:
DIB said:
Nikphillips said:
Hi,

It may be worth scouring auction sites and the classifieds for a Systemdek. Any model would do. They seem to go for a lot less than they are worth. I see them regularly go for less than £100. It's a cracking deck. Suspended sub chassis. Easy to adjust and set up.

Good luck. Hope you get sorted.

As a former Systemdek iix owner I would agree about their quality. However they are very bouncy decks and I would say a dedicated wall shelf is essential.

Funny that as I've found it's the ones that do not bounce that require a wall shelf.

Having said that I guess ideally all such sources would benefit from isolation of this type.

Maybe it was the stand that I had at the time, floorboards etc. but with my Systemdek I found that I had to tread very carefully anywhere near to it, otherwise the stylus had a habit of jumping out of the grooves. A wall shelf sorted that particular problem.

A fine deck nonetheless.

TRENDING THREADS