New Terminator Film

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I remember renting Terminator in my teens, then going to the garage/video shop first thing the next day to extend the rental. Great film...

Duaplex - I think the Terminator had to go back to his room after the crash to fix his hand... Trigger finger wasn't working so he'd be a sitting duck. I think the strange thing is that he actually booked a room, surely he could've found an abandoned warehouse or something.

Terminator 2's weak link for me was John Connor (Ed Furlong). Too much of a brat, not really a future warrior/leader type. On the whole a good film, but started to drop too many cheesy lines.

Terminator 3, I watched once and can't really remember much.

Terminator Salvation was eagerly anticipated and I wasn't disappointed, Christian Bale was the main pull in this film, the Terminator at the end was ominous again.

Terminator Genesis - I hope Bale will be a part of it. If Arnie's in it, I hope his role has no dialogue and the main thing for me is to keep it serious. Too many films nowadays are ruined when they add humor to the script when it doesn't have a place.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
skippy said:
I remember renting Terminator in my teens, then going to the garage/video shop first thing the next day to extend the rental. Great film...

Duaplex - I think the Terminator had to go back to his room after the crash to fix his hand... Trigger finger wasn't working so he'd be a sitting duck.

What are you on about? Duaplex is talking about the arm that's left behind after the first terminator is crushed at the end of the first film, that's what cyberdyne are working on in the second film. The terminator in the first film has to remove the damaged human eye covering in his room, that's why he takes to wearing sunglasses for the rest of the film to hid the glowing red eye underneath but that's neither here nor there for this discussion..

Terminator Genesis - I hope Bale will be a part of it.

I've not seen any mention of him in the casting news.

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
duaplex said:
Thats true, the arm should have technically vanished, like in back to the future with the picture.

No it shouldn't, BECAUSE IT'S NOT THE SAME TERMINATOR!

No sorry thats what I meant, if it was the same machine it should have vanished.

Basically I accept what you say about it being a different machine as I just watched them again last night.... My memory was more jaded than I thought!

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
skippy said:

Duaplex - I think the Terminator had to go back to his room after the crash to fix his hand... Trigger finger wasn't working so he'd be a sitting duck.

What are you on about? Duaplex is talking about the arm that's left behind after the first terminator is crushed at the end of the first film, that's what cyberdyne are working on in the second film. The terminator in the first film has to remove the damaged human eye covering in his room, that's why he takes to wearing sunglasses for the rest of the film to hid the glowing red eye underneath but that's neither here nor there for this discussion..

Post #12 1st page... Duaplex mentions Terminator leggin it after the crash when the police arrive at the scene

Like you say he removes his eye, but he also works on his arm by cutting it open and working on the metal tendons which are damaged.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
skippy said:
The_Lhc said:
skippy said:

Post #12 1st page... Duaplex mentions Terminator leggin it after the crash when the police arrive at the scene

Like you say he removes his eye, but he also works on his arm by cutting it open and working on the metal tendons which are damaged.

Oh you were replying to that point, not the bit about the arm vanishing, right.

Re: running away, tactical decision. At that stage he wouldn't want the police to be aware of him as he hasn't finished his mission and doesn't know where Sarah Connor is, so having the entire police force on his tail would stop him from completing the mission (they're an infiltration unit remember, so programmed to blend in). You'll note that once he knows she's being held at the police station he has no worries about making himself known as he would assume that they won't be able to stop him from killing her and once she's dead he doesn't care what happens to him after that.

TRENDING THREADS