New technics 1200...any modification tips?

kusum65

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Just joined the world of vinyl with a mint 1200 and would appreciate any tips on tuning it. Ive purchased a sumiko headshell and a AT120e cart but the only mat i have is a cheap felt DJ job. Anyone used an alternative?

Also , any opinions on isolation for the deck. Its sitting on my Quadraspire acrylic stand but it has an alarming amount of wobble!

There is no way i can afford a new arm for it so that stays but if there is anyone out there who rewires the stock arm i would like to know about it.

kusum65

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for that. I went to there forum site where they have pics of a rewire and i was impressed. I like fiddeling with a soldering iron my self but the litz wires look like they have to be tinned by fairies!!

Dont suppose you know how many notes it will set me back do you?

T

the record spot

Get rid of the felt mat and put a decent one on it - you can get these from quite a few places, but up to £90 would be money well spent. The Timestep PSU is a good upgrade to manage the motor offboard and a new cartridge wouldn't go amiss. Tons of tweaks for this deck and this is probably just the beginning. A recent review had an SME V tonearm and Koetsu cartridge on it. The deck is about £400, the upgrades took it up to just over £5,000. A bit extreme, but hell, wouldn't you have given good money just to be in on that demo!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts