admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just finished setting up my new set up:

Sony 40W4500

BDP S350

Sony HT-IS100 home cinema

What a nightmare, started at 10.30am and finished 18.00, i used QED anniversary xt speaker cables and they here to thick to go into the speakers and the connecters you have to use in the home cinema kit so i had to trim them down, and then i went to calibrate the speakers and an error kept on coming up for the front speakers(gone now).

I thought that setting these things up was easy, bloody hell it was a right old mare, the instuctions are rubbish or its me getting old?, but at the moment im impressed with the tv, but it looks like theres a torch coming out of the top corners into the middle of the screen, maybe its a new thing(i dont know), i thought that when you put a blu ray film in all the surround sound stuff automatically comes on. i suppose its early days, hopefully i will sus it out.

Anybody have any advice on either item for set up and/or best picture settings.

A

Anonymous

hi andrew

now youve set up the HT-IS100 how do you find the sound? im considering this system myself but when i went into the sony centre to listen to it they didnt have the back surrounds connected and the 2 fronts were really close together so couldnt really tell. also i was thinking of upgrading to QED anniversary xt speaker cables if i got it but might not bother now.....

as for picture settings you can use a dvd with the thx optimiser section on it such as finding nemo or any of the starwars films. there are loads of posts on the forum to help you out with it - it helped me get my panasonic th42pz85 picture set up!

A

Anonymous

At the moment my wifes got me watching Strictly come dancing, but im gona watch Ironman tonight so i will let you know about the sound tomorrow, as for thx thing i will give it a go tomorrow cheers, if i was to buy the same set up again i would still buy the QED Anniversary speaker cable, all you have to remember is.

When you strip the cable trim off about 30% of the bair wire so you can get it in the connecter at both ends,

In the manual it says put the cable through the hole in the wall bracket "DONT" the cables to stiff to bend it up into the speaker,

The problems i was having was because the cables so stiff when i clipped them into speakers they wasnt going straight in,

A

Anonymous

ha ha my girlfriend just made me watch strictly and x-factor! thanks for the tips!

Messiah

andrewg:
Just finished setting up my new set up:

What a nightmare, started at 10.30am and finished 18.00.

I thought that setting these things up was easy, bloody hell it was a right old mare, the instuctions are rubbish or its me getting old?, but at the moment im impressed with the tv, but it looks like theres a torch coming out of the top corners into the middle of the screen, maybe its a new thing(i dont know), i thought that when you put a blu ray film in all the surround sound stuff automatically comes on. i suppose its early days, hopefully i will sus it out.

Anybody have any advice on either item for set up and/or best picture settings.

You should have emailed WHF to do a 'Reader Rescue' and you could have got them to do it for you!

A

Anonymous

I would say you need to go to a Sony centre and listen for yourself, i listend to the HT-1S100 and the SS1300 and personally thought the 1300 was a fair bit better but thats just my personal view, my 1300 is set up and well happy with it.

A

Anonymous

Watched Ironman last night and WOW, how cool is the film, and i was impressed with the HT-IS100, the sound was impressive, with the speakers no bigger than a box of matches they pump out some sound and the picture quality was something else, i payed £434 for the HT-IS100 and now i cant justify spending £1000 on on the original stuff i was going to buy, so for for my needs its perfect.

antonyelliot;

if you dont want to spend silly money like i was going to, the sony ht-is100 is a spot on buy, i watch 1-2 films a fortnight and so far after the 1st film i have no regrets, i have my speakers about 3" from my coving and you cant even notice them, the main reason i love the this system is the speakers i didnt want speakers on stands, i wanted them tucked out of the way, once its all set up its essy to use. i got mine from the Sony centre in staines £434 but it took 3 weeks to get it, good luck

A

Anonymous

thanks andrew

did they do you a bit of discount on them because you were spending quite alot with them because my local sony centre in wakefield quoted me £469

A

Anonymous

Antony

If you go to the Sony centre in Huddersfield they will do you a better deal. They price matched an internet deal for a 46" LCD and Receiver for me,which was a massive saving on their advertised instore price.

P.s. The whitemini is not Dave's current car!

A

Anonymous

They were selling the Sony 40W4500 + 5 years parts and labour + Free sony BDP S350 which in the end i got for £1079, and i said i found the HT-IS100 online for £400, but the manager said they cant compete with online shops the bst he could do is £434.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts