New system help

Aqua

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Just brought a new tv 42" and now wanting some sort of set up regarding blu-ray player. Speakers etc.

ideally I'd like just two front speakers giving me my bass and everything if they exist, but would this still be ok if using separates ? don't want speakers all over just better sound than my tv would give. Been looking at soundbars. All in one blu-ray player speakers.. And separates etc etc.. Really don't no where to start

Which TV is it? Start with setting a budget.

Can you accommodate a 5.1 system? If only fronts, I would suggest ideally a 3.1 system (fronts, centre and subwoofer) or a 2.1 system (without the centre). Centre speaker is one of the important speakers, hence my suggestion of 3.1. You need a separate subwoofer for proper bass.

Aqua

May 9, 2014
Visit site
bigboss said:
Which TV is it? Start with setting a budget.

Can you accommodate a 5.1 system? If only fronts, I would suggest ideally a 3.1 system (fronts, centre and subwoofer) or a 2.1 system (without the centre). Centre speaker is one of the important speakers, hence my suggestion of 3.1. You need a separate subwoofer for proper bass.

its a panasonic 42gt60b

can't accommodate 5.1 so that's out the window also don't wanna blow my neighbours away with surround sound. The 3.1 system type seems like a place to start BB thanks

It is a myth that more speakers means louder system. Surround speakers are just for surround effects and do not increase the overall "loudness" of your system.

Ideally, a separates system is way to go. Don't spend too much on a blu ray player. For blu ray picture quality, a £50 player will perform similar to a £500 player as long as it doesn't employ any artificial processing of its own. What's your budget?

Aqua

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I would get bits as and when if I went down the separate route spread the cost or try to so don't really no my budget to be honest nothing to crazy tho. Well that's cleared up the blu-ray player part as to no how much to spend aswell.

What would be your advice on makes for amps. B-r players .. There's like denon pioneer Yamaha etc all which I like. Then speakers ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts