New system for electronic music?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

donGarcia

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
just tried more or less, what you said, it is complicated due to the disposition of the living room/kitchen. But I kind off put them with 1 metre and half behind and 1 metre and half left side wall one, 2.5 metres aprox side the other one. Boom effect is lower, the curious thing is that on listening position just I will say 1.5m max from them the boom it is very low, but if you stand up is notorious. Lower volume helps a lot and the type of music aswell, the boom effect was anoying with Alive 2007 from daft punk, with very predominant low ends. My main query, taking in consideration that at lower volumes they shine, would a amp with more watts do any better, or just worse? Maybe one more transparent than the cambridge will improve the experience at lower volumes, say rega elex-r that I was previously interested, arcam29, marantz pm8005, abrahamnsen, naim si5.

shadders

donGarcia said:
just tried more or less, what you said, it is complicated due to the disposition of the living room/kitchen. But I kind off put them with 1 metre and half behind and 1 metre and half left side wall one, 2.5 metres aprox side the other one. Boom effect is lower, the curious thing is that on listening position just I will say 1.5m max from them the boom it is very low, but if you stand up is notorious. Lower volume helps a lot and the type of music aswell, the boom effect was anoying with Alive 2007 from daft punk, with very predominant low ends. My main query, taking in consideration that at lower volumes they shine, would a amp with more watts do any better, or just worse? Maybe one more transparent than the cambridge will improve the experience at lower volumes, say rega elex-r that I was previously interested, arcam29, marantz pm8005, abrahamnsen, naim si5.
Hi,

You have not stated what the floor is - is it hardwood or does it have carpets?

If hardwood, then this will reflect the sound more than a carpeted floor.

Regards,

Shadders.

donGarcia

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Laminated wood, 2 cm over the hard floor, but I got less reflection by, putting stuff in the ports so I think is just the overall circumstancea of the place of listening, walls, floor and position, the bx2's with the 100w sony home cinema never produce the boom sounds, but obviously they coundn't go as low as these beast and they either lack transparency to play flac electronic files. no carpets, hate them.lol I know it will be better with them. Tomorrow I will try the tannoy's, will see they are smaller, cheaper, more subtle, maybe the bass sounds better because of the acoustics due to the acoustics of the room. It is a rented flat so, I can not make decisions purely on acoustics cause but, I am not going to have a larger living room anytime soon.that is a fact.

dap33

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
kef r300 & r500 defintely worth an audition great for dance music. Bought a pair of r500s myself with a abrahamsen v2.0 up amp and a cambridge streamer, cant fault it one bit. *biggrin*

dap33

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
kef r300 & r500 defintely worth an audition great for dance music. Bought a pair of r500s myself with a abrahamsen v2.0 up amp and a cambridge streamer, cant fault it one bit. *biggrin*

donGarcia

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Just tried the tannoys, 3 songs later they are back in to the box, yes they cost 580£ while the dalis cost 1000£ but, is just like have a good steak from marks and spencer or go to a a top restaurant and pay 40£ For it, yeah it cost you more but, in 4 secda yo recognise how it melts in tour mouth. Now, cambridge audio has tune!slighly less bass doesn't affect sound much but gets out that low end distorsion quite a lot, if you listen to electronic music, this beasts are worth your time to listen and try. I will keep them, but in matters of amplifier I am not sure if I could get any better with an arcam(easy try, close shop) or try some else...superfi is close also, the only recommendation I found are the yamaha sa2001 but os way up my budget.

donGarcia

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I tried the small ones, did not like them plus the lf50,s, I did not try the floorstanders but, sure they sound great, many say they do for electronic music but, they were not available. I would love you to try this dali's, if you could and let me know, I tried tannoys, monitor audio silvers, dyn audio, this for me, my mate and the guy in the shop left us looking each other in secs, just the mid range and lows...sound fullybodied like I never heard anything before.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts