New system - DAC & power amp or DAC & Integrated

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm after a new system for my living room and it's going to be based around some Rega RS3's and music via my MacBook Pro/iTunes and Apple TV2 streamed via AirPlay etc...

I wanted to know that if I bought a power amp such as the Cyrus XPower; could that be controlled by an Audiolab MDAC (i.e. volume etc...) or would it make more sense to go for the like of a Rega Brio-R or Cyrus 8VS2/8XP as well as a DAC and feed the music to that via the ATV2 optical etc...?

Thanks

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
therecruiter said:
I wanted to know that if I bought a power amp such as the Cyrus XPower; could that be controlled by an Audiolab MDAC (i.e. volume etc...) or would it make more sense to go for the like of a Rega Brio-R or Cyrus 8VS2/8XP as well as a DAC and feed the music to that via the ATV2 optical etc...?

Thanks

Yes the X power can be used with the Mdac, as it has built in digital volume control. I dont know how it sounds tho.

In my experience it often sounds better to get a proper amp/pre amp than using digital volume contorls, but YMMV. I would advise demoing a few options and see what you think.

Rich27

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
In my experience dac/pre into a Primare A34.2 makes a wonderful combination, if you only have digital sources you really don't need a dedicated pre amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts