New speekers for m6i

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
toyota man said:
CnoEvil said:
I'm delighted you got sorted.
thanks Cno speaker cables next wow I am surprise that didn't. Get EDITED Also I am going to put In a couple of independent radial circuits as I am having a new combi put in and they have to have the floor up to put to put a new gas pipe in so while they have the floor up I will run the new cables in :cheers:

Hi toyota man

In my experience ATC's SCM40 monitors work superbly with standard 500 strand OFC speaker cables
smiley-smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

toyota man said:
Hi all I know it's been a while since I last posted on my speaker quest but. I thought it was time to tell the tale so here goes while I loved the kef r 500 & r700 the r700 didn't get the boss's green flag and I thought I would try some other speakers that you guys recommend I booked a couple of dems spender a6s and act scm 40s while I was waiting for the days to count down to dem day I happened to be on the bay and I put a bid on a pair of act scm 40s not very scientific I know. I was working down the road from the sellers home in Harlow arranged a dem he had a 500w per channel mf amp as soon as I heard these speakers I knew that I had made the right choice they gave a great image between and beyond the speakers the mid range is to di for and the bass is tight and goes down a very long way these speakers are easy to place which is a real bonus in my small room it has been great to listen to CDs that I've not heard in a long time hearing things that I hadn't noticed before , I can honestly say that I have not had any cd sound anything but very good either I don't have any bad recordings or the views of some that these speakers can make some recordings unlistenable is a bit misleading . So any one in the market for a 2k pair of speakers please do not be put off by the unlistenable myth go give em a dem you will not regret it even if you don't like em you will be a bit wiser :)

Hi toyota man

Nice one :clap:

SCM40 monitors are great. I finally got around to hearing Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham (sad versions - Lata Mangeshkar and Sonu Nigam) through SCM40 monitors. The resolution, coherence and the power with which SCM40's reproduce these tracks has enabled me to experience and appreciate the sheer emotion of these great tracks. I wonder what these tracks would sound like through ATC's big active monitors with their studio Super Soft Dome and SLMT LF drive units :twisted:

ATC studio Soft Dome monitoring. The sound of accuracy
smiley-smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts