new speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
system,rega jupiter CD, rega cursa3 maia 3 pre '@ power amp russ andrews power cords , castle trent bookshelve speakers feel the speakers are letting the side down need close to wall speakers shelve or small floormounts ie totem arro have £1000 to spend HELP

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
There are a few disparate alternatives around. Dali's standmounting Mentor 1s (£1000) are a fast and dynamic listen, and the 32Ss from Monopulse (£900) are a compact floorstander with supernatural timing. Personally, they'd be the first two speakers I auditioned. I don't like the sound of putting your speakers on a shelf, though - if you've got the room to accommodate floorstanders, you ought to have room for standmounters on stands. If the wall-mounting option appeals, the only convincing option we've heard is Spendor's SR5s (£1000) - and that was a while ago.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
PMC DB1

Are your speakers not very good then as I may be buying some to partner with a Linn Classik. I need them to work close to a wall in the bedroom as a second system.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JoelSim"]PMC DB1 Are your speakers not very good then as I may be buying some to partner with a Linn Classik. I need them to work close to a wall in the bedroom as a second system.[/quote]

If you get the DB1 (+ ?) let us know what you think Joel, since I'm interested in getting some in a few months.... ta,

jules.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I'm interested in getting some but they are pricey and for a 2nd system which won't be used too much, £700 is a lot. Even on eBay there are going for over £350 on the few occasions they are listed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts