New speakers for nad system

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a NAD C352 amp and NAD C542 CD player , van den Hul The Name interconnects and Mission Stancette speaker stands with QED silver Anniversary XT speaker cables .I did have a pair of Whalfdale 9.1 diamonds but they have become damaged ( my 4yr old daughter squashed and cracked one of the nose cones ) so I am forced to replace. The room is 3.5m x 4.5m.

I love the look of the B&W 685 reviewed in this months what hifi or the Monitor Audio bronze BR2s seem very popular or do i simply replace the Diamonds. I listen to a wide range of music so which speakers would best suit my system ? I don't mind spending around £350 if its worth it . please help !

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The Bronze BR2s are extremely good, but the B&W 685s are at a higher level, and should give you an even better sound. But they do need to be used on good stands to be heard at their best, and that will push you way over your £350 budget, given that the speakers are £380 to start with.

Is the damage to your speakers to the tweeter dome, or the black phase plug in the centre of the yellow mid/bass driver? In either case you could probably replace the driver yourself, for much less than the price of either option you're considering - and with that inquisitive daughter around, that might be the sensible option for now. Maybe the speaker upgrade should wait until she's moved on from poking drive units?

A new mid/bass unit for the Diamond 9.1s, including postage and VAT, is £39.94 - you can order it by calling Wharfedale on 0845 458 1122

A

Anonymous

An excellent resolve thanks very much !

p.s. for future reference what stands best suit the B&Ws ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts