New Speakers For My Exposure 2010s2... please help

AriBoi

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey Guys,

Need a new set for my exposure, just starting to do the initial reserch.

im currently running B&W 604s2 's.

im going to interview a set of MA Silver RX6's because apparently the MA sound is nice with exposure?? whats the thoughts?

also ive got an ok ear but im not an electrician, the amp is 75W @ 8ohms, the speakers are a 6ohm, they dip to about 4.35ohm at 165hz

and hover under 8ohms for most of the audio band.

Is this going to be bad for my little baby amp? is the sound going to be stressed? will the amp pop?

can anyone make any other suggestions for a cheapish speaker set that will pair better with the exposure?

my head hurts already... im no good at all these numbers, someone save me :pray:

im in a mediumish room running

Oppo bd95

Project RPM 5.1 with AT OC9 III

Musical Fidelity XLP

Atlas Element interconnects

Audioquest 14/4 speaker cable

Sonus Connect

audipheonix

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I have audition exposure with Usher Mini Diamond Floorstanders they were wonderful to listen, But i think they will be out of your budget. R u looking for bookshelf or floorstander. As the synergy was good with usher i would suggest the usher S520 it was very good with the exposure. I also listened them with Q acoustics 2020i but the usher were better suited the the exposure. If this helps.

PS. Also auditioned Spendor 3/5r2 with them, to me they were the best bookshelf matched with the amp. the bass was on the lighter side but it was totally musical and you could listen for hours albiet a bit pricy.

AriBoi said:
Hey Guys,

Need a new set for my exposure, just starting to do the initial reserch.

im currently running B&W 604s2 's.

im going to interview a set of MA Silver RX6's because apparently the MA sound is nice with exposure?? whats the thoughts?

also ive got an ok ear but im not an electrician, the amp is 75W @ 8ohms, the speakers are a 6ohm, they dip to about 4.35ohm at 165hz

and hover under 8ohms for most of the audio band.

Is this going to be bad for my little baby amp? is the sound going to be stressed? will the amp pop?

can anyone make any other suggestions for a cheapish speaker set that will pair better with the exposure?

my head hurts already... im no good at all these numbers, someone save me :pray:

im in a mediumish room running

Oppo bd95

Project RPM 5.1 with AT OC9 III

Musical Fidelity XLP

Atlas Element interconnects

Audioquest 14/4 speaker cable

Sonus Connect

I've heard the 2010S with my old RS6s and they sounded pretty good, so the RX6 should be a little more controlled in the HFs. Also worth looking at ex-dem or s/hand PMC GB1i. But this really depends what presentation you prefer. If you like a warmer sound then look at Spendor, Dynaudios or even Kef R series.

AriBoi

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Thank you guys,

Great suggestions, i will start looking these up.

Yeah my budget will only stretch so far before my other half has my reproductive equipment in a vice.

i think i might be able to squeeze a little more into the fund without noticing but not too much..

cheers chaps

AriBoi

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
P.S im after a floor speaker and warm is not really my bag, neutral, soundstage, hightly detailed and i want them to stop on a dime, snappy and sharp i want to feel the plucking of the strings. (im dreaming)

AriBoi said:
P.S im after a floor speaker and warm is not really my bag, neutral, soundstage, hightly detailed and i want them to stop on a dime, snappy and sharp i want to feel the plucking of the strings. (im dreaming)

A lot of the sound you're looking will boil down to room acoustics. So if your room is quite reflective I'd stay away from MAs - their hard domed tweeter won't do the overall soundstage any favours.

(Room acoustics is probably one of the most important aspects of hi-fis)

audipheonix

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Try Q acoustics 2050i, the sound is good but the bass can sometimes be a bit troubling. Try as many demo with diff speaker and try find out which works best with the amp. Its all about synergy . if u can try home demo, that will take in account ur surrounding. :dance:

Happy Hunting..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts