New speaker recommendations

stumpy66

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
I am looking for new speakers for my NAD C521BEE cdp & NAD C320BEE AMP, i am currently using Tannoy Mercury MX3 floorstanders but they seem a bit bright and tiring after a while. I dont mind buying secondhand, and ideally they need to be able to sit close to a back wall. Standmounts or floorstanders althought the room is only about 3.5m x 6m with the speakers firing across the shortest length. Gotham speaker cable/interconnect. Budget up to £300

Any help appreciated

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
If it were me, and going for 2nd hand i'd be looking at either B&W 602 S2's or the B&W 602 S3's as theyre great standmount speakers, fantastic bass, clear and taut midrange and crisp treble. Theyre forward firing also so will be fine to sit close to a wall. You'll be able to find good examples on Ebay

I had these a few months back and had them partnered with Atacama SE24 speakers stands. You could also look at the Atacama SE20, Nexus 5 or 6 stands as well on Ebay. Ideal as well for filling with Atabites which i found to give a much better sound over sharp sand!

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
hi

ive just got some monitor audio rs1's and they look superb , i still have to listen to them yet but i will be connecting them to nad gear (c320bee/c521bee)

stumpy66

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="beachBOYken"]

hi

ive just got some monitor audio rs1's and they look superb , i still have to listen to them yet but i will be connecting them to nad gear (c320bee/c521bee)

[/quote]Let me know how you find them, will you be placing yours close to the wall?

stumpy66

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="d_a_n1979"]If it were me, and going for 2nd hand i'd be looking at either B&W 602 S2's or the B&W 602 S3's as theyre great standmount speakers, fantastic bass, clear and taut midrange and crisp treble. Theyre forward firing also so will be fine to sit close to a wall. You'll be able to find good examples on Ebay

I had these a few months back and had them partnered with Atacama SE24 speakers stands. You could also look at the Atacama SE20, Nexus 5 or 6 stands as well on Ebay. Ideal as well for filling with Atabites which i found to give a much better sound over sharp sand![/quote]

Thanks, will have a look on ebay

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="stumpy66"][quote user="beachBOYken"]

hi

[/quote]Let me know how you find them, will you be placing yours close to the wall?[/quote]

they are fairly close but i might try the positioning from my other post on this page , i will let you know what there like

beachBOYken

Jan 1, 2008
Visit site
well after trying my rs1's , im very pleased i find that i dont have to turn my volume up as much as i used to on my wharfedale 9.1s

im also aware that they need a lenthy run in period it says 30hrs in the manuel so i can expect even greater things with them

overall to me they are a big improvement from my wharfedales

cheers
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts