NEW SPEAKER CABLE, SYSTEM SOUNDS LUSH

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Bought some new speaker cable, audioquest flx/slip 14/4 2x1.5m lengths and boy, what a difference from my qed silver anniversary......the low end heft and smoothness is incredible and am well chuffed*dance4*

Jota180

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I installed my speakers on much taller stands and point them down towards my sitting position. The music seems more fluid as gravity helps the sound waves move towards my ears.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
After owning a pair of Audioquest Type 4 for several years, I noticed after only two years of ownership that one of the 4 cores has the insulation sweating green goo, which is plasticizer migration due to reaction with the copper. As a result the insulation became brittle and any smaller flexing of the cable would break it in bits and once I had an amp short out due to this.
thumbs_down.gif
Thankfully it just went into protection and nothing else. This is really poor build quality and that will be the last Audioquest I'll be buying.

Soundwise I had no complaints, only praise and I bought it from a dealer, not Aliexpress or Ebay. This is the only wire that had this happen to in my entire life, including all insulated wire in general.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
audioaddict said:
Bought some new speaker cable, audioquest flx/slip 14/4 2x1.5m lengths and boy, what a difference from my qed silver anniversary......the low end heft and smoothness is incredible and am well chuffed*dance4*

... for the next change try VdH CS122 Hybrid

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
1.5 m 6mm thick 500 strand ofc £22 from musicraft. Cheapest an best upgrade i made. No need for the cable bs anymore . Ps 2 months ago i would of paid £300 -£450 for cables. No need just get good thick cables

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Soundwise I had no complaints, only praise and I bought it from a dealer, not Aliexpress or Ebay. This is the only wire that had this happen to in my entire life, including all insulated wire in general.
Never come across anything like that, despite having dealt with, and owned, Audioquest for 25 years.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts