New Silver 6 Speakers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

cstanwhf

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
jiggyjoe said:
Hope they did not listen to the speakers they used for the photoshoot, How did they dent those tweeters???

You're right. Would not noticed it if you did not mentioned.

Surely those dented tweeters would have affected the sound somehow?

What happened to the protection grills?

D

Deleted member 2457

plastic penguin said:
Just read the review: They look like well... Monitor Audio Silver range. No surprises there.

Bit puzzled by "Their energy, detail and zing will wow you" and at the end in the 'Against' summary it says "Not the most open or detailed listen..." :?

I think they are talking about other speakers in the against bit. The first comment they were talking strictly about the Monitor Audio speaker they were reviewing.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
Coll said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
Crocodile said:
Maybe it's a better speaker than the RX6 but not sufficiently better to justify the price hike.

In the hypothetical situation that it was my money, and I had to choose between the £800 RX6 and the £1000 Silver 6, I'd choose the Silver 6 every time. The difference between the two, in my opinion, isn't subtle,

I have the RX6 at present and am debating if its worth upgrading to the Silver 6. Rest of my system is Arc am FMJA19 and Audio lab 8200 CD player would this combo work well together?

Many would normally recommend an Arcam amp to tame what they felt was a bright sounding speaker. The newer Silver range is now a little more laid back (not too much though), and while it will still work well with the A19, it is always worth trying out for yourself - unfortunately, I can't tell you what you will like.

Hi Coll

As advised by others you must listen to the Silver 6 before making any decision . Your ears will decide what is the best for you , Don't make a decission based on magazines' reviews .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts