New Setup

Terryff

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I am finally going to buy a decent Home Cinema set up (on a budget, of course). I currently only have an old Pioneer VSXD510 amp with a pair of mission 760i front speaers and a gale centre speaker. I zalso run a Yamaha Sub, YST-SW90.

The input is a Sony BDP S370 into a Samsung LE40B550 TV.

I am looking second user at either an onkyo 606, 608 or a sony str-DG820. I had also heard that Yamaha have a nice amp called the DSP-A5?

I had thought of either getting some mission 77ds for the rears and a mission M7c2 for the centre, or some more mission speakers similar to the 760i's for the rear.

Anyone have thoughts on whether this would be a half decent set up to get me going into reasonable quality theatre sound?

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Cant help you for the speakers as i never hear the missions,but it does make sense buying the same brand especially the centre.As an alternative to the Onkyo 606 and 608 even though you might not need 3d, i would look at the current range and i think the 509 would be on terms with last years model, stretching upto the 609 would improve even more.Whats your budget like.

Terryff

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Flexible budget. Had noted that i can pick up a 606 or similar for around the £150 mark, could double that easily if going for a new amp entirely. If i wait another month maybge £450 tops for amp.

I do not have any 3d equipment and consider it a gimmick to be honest.

Terryff

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Looking at a pair of M71 speakers for the rear now, any thoughts anyone? For less than £50 on fleabay they seem a really good deal.. open to persuasion in other directions though.

Oh and have bought a mission mvc2 centre for £30 plul p&p.

Terryff

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
Ok the receiver is taken care of, bought a Sony STR-DG820. Will get it next week hopefully. Almost decided on mission m71 for the speaker and the centres are more or less done with the mission m72c. Should i change the yamaha sub?

Once again any opinion or comment on my progress would be cool.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi Terryff, makes sense that you've got Missions all round now, and the Sony is a good buy. No great need to change the Yamaha sub I would have thought.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts