New Samsung BD-D7500 will not play ANY type of DIsc

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a crap set up and I am trying to upgrade but at a reasonable cost. Currys are currently selling the Samsung BD-D7500 for £99. I bought one last week and it wouldn’t play any discs. Brought it back and got another one transferred from another shop and guess what? It won’t play anything, Blu ray, DVD, CD, CDR. Smart hub is working fine as is wifi, I upgraded with the latest firmware but no luck and the regions ok back of unit (B and 2). Each time I can hear it trying to read the disc twice but kicks the disc out and tells me to clean the disc or make sure its not scratched and check the manual……… can someone please help me as I would like to keep what seems to be a well reviewed player and I am on a very tight budget.

Thanks

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
It's not something daft like needing to remove a transport screw or something? Must admit I don't remember doing anything like that with my Sony BDP but then it was 3 years ago so I daresay I wouldn't remember.

EDIT: can't see anything in the manual but I notice it's a slot loader, you are putting the discs in the right way round aren't you?

A

Anonymous

Yip label to front, label to back same difference.... Samsung customer care were friendly but about as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

A

Anonymous

I have a scart adaptor and as old as the TV is everything else works fine, running films from HDD thru it etc. When I brought the first unit back to the shop, their blu ray wouldn't work either.

Its annoying cause its got all I need wifi, hub, usb etc and 3D for when i finally upgrade my TV, but at end of the day it was born to play discs!

A

Anonymous

Also samsung have offered to repair the player. if i take this to their service center and they are unable to fix it how does that affect my refund from currys??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts