New Rega RP1 developed scratching noise.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

No not given up, but I think I am going throw a bit more cash at it for the next one, which will take time. I think I just got a duff one. It happens......

Jason36

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi The Limey,

Good result on the refund and fair play to Audio T.

Just as an aside have you considered a second hand turntable.....I can highly recommend the Planar 3. Lots of them around. I bought mine second hand and its seriously in MINT condition. Lots of upgrade options available as well if that sort of thing interests you.

A

Anonymous

It could be the belt rubbing up and down on the inner platter, or motor bearing noises - sometimes they sound like a ticking clock - either way Rega would replace it no problem through your dealer. Also check the distance between the cartridge underside and the record surface, it might be 'bottoming out' due to too much tracking force.

DougBradyHiFi said:
It could be the belt rubbing up and down on the inner platter, or motor bearing noises - sometimes they sound like a ticking clock - either way Rega would replace it no problem through your dealer. Also check the distance between the cartridge underside and the record surface, it might be 'bottoming out' due to too much tracking force.

I don't suppose you have read the rest of this thread but he took it back and got a refund - in May!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts