NEW: Rega P3

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Freddy58 said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
Freddy58 said:
Look at the deck
Look a little closer! :)

I only have a fairly small screen (iPad). All I can see is P3?

Ahh, I can just make out something written underneath the 'P3', my apologies. I'd be interested in your thoughts when you get one in
thumbs_up.gif

Daz B

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I am looking foward in seeing the reviews for the new Plannar 3. Be interesting to see if it is a big improvement on the RP3.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
stevebrock said:
David@FrankHarvey said:

oh come on !!!

and ? ..............
I'll hold my evaluation until we get one in store to try! (within the next week or so). Hard to evaluate it against the outgoing RP3 without a comparison, but the system playing was typically Rega! (ie, sounding great).

A few rooms were using Rega - Tannoy had an RP6 with Rega Apollo-R and Brio-R amp (might have been an Elex-R, can't remember now), KEF were using a Rega system to drive LS50s too.

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Was in the Sound Organisation in York last week, they more or less repeated what Audio T in Reading said: a substantial upgrade with better arm, reinforced deck & under £640 with demo models going out to dealers early April. Am considering buying one later in the summer. The TT PSU should work with it but that can wait, I'll need to factor in a phono stage. Haven't played any of my records for over 27yrs but did keep them all.

GeoffreyW

Sep 17, 2005
Visit site
Dunno what you last played vinyl on, busb, but I recently swapped my Planar 3/R200 for an RP3, and the improvement in playback is enormous, so can only imagine how the new P3 sounds.

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
GeoffreyW said:
Dunno what you last played vinyl on, busb, but I recently swapped my Planar 3/R200 for an RP3, and the improvement in playback is enormous, so can only imagine how the new P3 sounds.

Technics SL110, SME arm & Satin mc. A great many LPs were in Nagaoka sleeves. May need a manual record cleaning machine

busb said:
Technics SL110, SME arm & Satin mc. A great many LPs were in Nagaoka sleeves. May need a manual record cleaning machine
I had a Satin back in the late 70s or early 80s. It was a rare moving coil with a removeable stylus, wasn't it? Very nice cartridge I recall. Had Nagaoka sleeves too!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts