New receiver needed?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Morning all, I am beinning the process of updating to Full HD, with a new (42") flatscreen to replace my 32" Toshiba CRT pictureframe which I consider to still have a great picture. I am thinking along the lines of the Philips 42PFL7603D along with a blu-ray player (as yet undecided). As there have been a lot of changes in various formats since I last upgraded, I would like to ask if my trusty Yamaha RXV 630 RDS receiver will be able to decode all incoming signals from any new sources, (Sky+ HD and blu-ray) or must I replace it? I have the Kef KHT 2005 plus the PSW 2000 Sub and these are still giving great service.

Many Thanks

HoraceM

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, it won't be able to decode them, but given that it has a six-channel analogue input you'll be able to use it with any Blu-ray player having internal decoding of the 'HD' sudio formats and suitable analogue outputs.

Sky HD currently only offers 5.1-channel sound via optical digital (with electrical digital also available on some of the latest boxes), with the HDMI output only carrying stereo, so you're sorted there, too...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts