New PS3 Slim Vs Denon DVD 1930

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all

I've just purchased the new PS3 slim. Is it a superiour DVD player to my Denon DVD-1930?

The PS3 looks great with Blu-ray movies, but I'm not convinced with DVDs. But I haven't changed too much in the PS3 settings, there isn't much in the manual on the best settings for Blu-ray/DVD.

Anyway, should I leave the Denon where it is and use it along side the PS3, or send it to the bedroom as a spare DVD player.

Thank you,

Conway

A

Anonymous

It's interesting I'm not the only one who has noticed this. I asked the same question here a few years ago and the response from the WHF team was the PS3 is superior, this was the original model of course. I am wondering if they have 'cut back' on things and this has resulted in poor DVD playback in the new model?

I don't think it's my cables, as I'm using the same ones I had on the Denon 1930, QED HDMI-P.

See below for my original thread in 2007!

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/20661.aspx

A

Anonymous

Kinda strange how the WHF team hasnt commented this time around when they seemed quite enthusiastic to praise the PS3 in your original 2007 thread..

A

Anonymous

It would be good to hear what they think. I read the recent review on the PS3 Slim on the website (I just bought the most recent issue of WHF? here in Australia and we have only just got the July issue!) The review said it is be even better then the 2007 model?

It may just be some settings, or firmware update, I haven't done any updates, I heard this is a new 3.0 update, I am not sure if the new models already have this. Only got it during the week so haven't got that far yet.

There is also next to no information in the manual on the best settings for DVD's. I found this strange, thee are all sorts of video setting options on the PS3, some I have no idea how they should be set or where to find out what the all mean.

I was also set to give Mum and Dad my old Pioneer DVD player from the bedroom, as I was going to set up the Denon in there. But unless I can find a way to improve DVD playback I think the Denon will go back to where it was!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts