New Printer Required

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Well its a PC accessorie!!

Mine has just had an unfortunate accident and I need a new one.

Basic requirements

1. Cheap to run (refills etc)

2. Scanner and copier

3. Colour and B&W

4. Wireless would be nice but not essential.

Thats about it really. Any recommendations please.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
T B Hi, both my daughter and I have just bought an HP e all in one wireless printer each at 39.99 from the store that rhymes with bonnet. After a month with it now we are both well pleased with its performance.[speeds of 32 for B&W and 30 for colour.Great value for money imo.

I've got HP wireless photosmart premium printer/scanner/copier. Works well wirelessly on iPad but has struggled to print off my other laptops (PC & Mac) wirelessly. I've also got a Samsung CLP-300 colour laser printer which, although not wireless, works flawlessly.

Laser printers offer far superior quality prints than inkjets & are cheaper to run, but the cost of the printer will be high. Toner cartridges for laser printers look expensive, but last for several thousand pages. I buy my cartridges from www.cartridgeworld.co.uk which is a lot cheaper for equal quality.

What's your budget?

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
RodhasGibson said:
T B Hi, both my daughter and I have just bought an HP e all in one wireless printer each at 39.99 from the store that rhymes with bonnet. After a month with it now we are both well pleased with its performance.[speeds of 32 for B&W and 30 for colour.Great value for money imo.

Looks good thankyou, apparently its £48 for the refills aghhhhhh

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Hi True Blue, i've got a kodak mid range printer all in one, had it for over 3 years now with no problems. The cartridges are less than £18 for a full set & you can now get compatible ones for it about half that price.

At your budget, it's better to look for inkjet all-in-ones. The HP printer I've got also does duplex printing: http://www.amazon.co.uk/CN503B-Photosmart-Premium--All--Printer/dp/B003ZDYEXS/ref=sr_1_12?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1311092848&sr=1-12

Even Canon makes brilliant printers. My previous printer was a Canon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-PIXMA-MG6150-Colour-Printer/dp/B00400OK2K/ref=sr_1_19?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1311092848&sr=1-19

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-PIXMA-MG5250-Colour-Printer/dp/B00400OK20/ref=tag_dpp_lp_edpp_ttl_in

True Blue said:
RodhasGibson said:

Looks good thankyou, apparently its £48 for the refills aghhhhhh

Get your refills from here: http://www.cartridgeworld.co.uk/

A

Anonymous

HPs are most emphatically not cheap to run (expensive refills). I would be looking at Canon or Brother. Personally, I have a Samsung laserprinter but that's only economic for (relatively) large-volume printing. You should be able to find online comparisons quite easily (search for "cost per page").

Paul.

Not sure if you are close to Bristol, but macro have an open box canon mp640 for £75+ vat, which is cost price on this model. I have one in the office and it's fantastic. Nearly bought it for home but the DVD print tray was missing.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
f1only said:
Hi True Blue, i've got a kodak mid range printer all in one, had it for over 3 years now with no problems. The cartridges are less than £18 for a full set & you can now get compatible ones for it about half that price.

Liking that, just seen one in the shop ryhming with bonnet. £79 + £18 for the spare ink, job done me thinks :)

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Tesco sell them too + clubcard points clicky
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts