• Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

gel said:
To follow shortly...
21181816722_2f886fc6cf.jpg

D

Deleted member 2457

Is the iPhone 5c better with its camera than the iPhone 4S? These pictures seem a bit better.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Which film is it? Excellent blacks!

The main cameras in 4S and 5C are exactly the same. The front facing camera of the 5C has a higher megapixel count. Clicky.
Black Hawk Down - I use it as a demo disc. Ah cheers I wasn't quite sure with the camera. Cheers!

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Gel I dont know if its your photography or maybe my pc screen will check on my phone but those pics dont look right to me

The crashed helicopter pilot looks like a Zombie.

And you have solid black then light - there is no room in real life except a tomb maybe where that would be the case - the lights of the room would make the room glow with a haze - hence accurate gradations of black / not crushed black being more realistic / accurrate.

That TV looks in desperate need of calibration to me - the colours look off and the blacks monstrously crushed - hard to tell from here but thats how it looks to me

It is impossible to see gradations of black from a camera phone. During our TV shootout last year, this was one area where plasmas were better (showing details in darkness). Seems like the new Panasonic OLED is superior in exhibiting details in shadows.

D

Deleted member 2457

Calibration is probably a good call but with the way I upgrade at the moment I have decided not to. Besides I like it.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Looks good to me gel.

Will dig out black hawk down tonight and add a few photos of mine for comparison if you like? I'm definitely thinking calibration will be of great benefit to my OLED gel as I'm not entirely happy with the picture even after a good delve into the settings.

I'm still unhappy with the magenta tinge to the sides but apart from that I'm very happy so far *smile*

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
cheeseboy said:
ellisdj said:
That TV looks in desperate need of calibration to me

I thought we were meant to trust our ears/eyes, not rely on figures and test equipment? ;) :p

Picture is completely different to sound Cheeseboy - you actually can have it perfect or not as the case will be

Sound if you measure is so far off how it should and also impossible to recreate the original as intended so its all phantom - some things make that phantom image better to some people - the other people where these do not I have come to realise they must all be half deaf ;)

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Looks good to me gel.

Will dig out black hawk down tonight and add a few photos of mine for comparison if you like? I'm definitely thinking calibration will be of great benefit to my OLED gel as I'm not entirely happy with the picture even after a good delve into the settings.

I'm still unhappy with the magenta tinge to the sides but apart from that I'm very happy so far *smile*
Ah nice one Oldboy! I would love to see some pictures. Cheers!

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
Looks good to me gel.

Whats the magenta tinge to the sides?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
Oldboy said:
Looks good to me gel.

Going to try and photograph it today to illustrate but the middle of the screen has a green tinge but when you get to the left and right sides it goes into a red/magenta tinge. On whites it's really noticeable and I'm seeing it more and more now, I'm close to returning it in all honesty which is a shame as in all other respects it's excellent.

D

Deleted member 2457

Oldboy said:
gel said:
Oldboy said:
Looks good to me gel.

Going to try and photograph it today to illustrate but the middle of the screen has a green tinge but when you get to the left and right sides it goes into a red/magenta tinge. On whites it's really noticeable and I'm seeing it more and more now, I'm close to returning it in all honesty which is a shame as in all other respects it's excellent.
Yeah, I would return it mate. Have you given any thought to what you might do now?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Oldboy said:

I'm sorry to hear of the green and red tints on your new OLED, Oldboy! I don't think that calibration will solve what is a panel issue. What will you do now?

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Oldboy said:
gel said:
Oldboy said:
Looks good to me gel.

not again *dash1* sorry to hear mate

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Too late, after only one day on AVForums ellisdj has agreed terms for a sale. I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of Oldboy when ellisdj said that he was selling his Panasonic 65VT65.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
Too late, after only one day on AVForums ellisdj has agreed terms for a sale. I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of Oldboy when ellisdj said that he was selling his Panasonic 65VT65.
Why has Ellisdj sold his plasma?

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
Son_of_SJ said:
Why has Ellisdj sold his plasma?

He bought a projector.
Ah right! Cheers.