New Oppo Players Announced

jacobmorrison

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
There's a 103EU and a 105EU. They look to share the same cases as the 93 and 95 and the emphasis on sound quality (torroidal power supply/sabre dacs etc) remains with the 105EU. The big news is that they add dual HDMI inputs and Co-ax/Optical Inputs, 4K upscaling. No change in pricing for the 103 but the 105 could hit £1000, up from £900. Android control app is already out for the current and new generation players, IOS app to follow. Hope the apps do network browsing.

Read it here:

http://www.oppo-bluray.co.uk/ecommerce/blu-ray-players/BDP-103EU.aspx

Expect an avalanche of second hand 93 and 95 players to hit the classifieds. Maybe Allan at Ideal will offer a trade in?

hubiedubie

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
This is fantastic news. The addition of HDMI and Digital inputs (105) really expands the use of these players. Assuming they still keep the Volume control functionality. Buy this and a multichannel power amp (Audiolab, Rotel, Marantz) for the bones of £2000. You then have a set up that should on paper easily outperform Processor / Poweramp / Bluray Player combos costing double the price. You would lose out on some of the gimmickry in current receivers (Room Correction, DSP, Volume Compression) but the performance for music and movies should be stellar for the price. Very exciting - just cancelled a pre-order for the Denon DBT3313 on the back of this news.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
jacobmorrison said:
Expect an avalanche of second hand 93 and 95 players to hit the classifieds.

Highly informative posting, jacobmorrison, thank you. However, I don't need most of the extra facilities provided by the 105EU, and the usefulness of 4k upscaling is still, for me, at least two years away, so my Oppo BDP-95EU (lovely machine, by the way) in the kitchen won't be hitting the classified advertisements any time soon!

micks_address

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i notice the new players have a HDMI connection on the front.. but do they still have dual hdmi connections on the back so you could run audio to a HDMI 1.3 spec receiver and video direct to HDMI 1.4 spec 3d tv?

jacobmorrison

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
Here's the 105

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-bdp-105/

Apparently it adds "an asynchronous USB DAC input that supports the USB Audio 2.0 standard, along with additional coaxial and optical digital inputs. 'Users can stream bit-perfect audio from their computer to the BDP-105EU without worrying about the jitter performance of their computer’s master clock thanks to the USB DAC’s asynchronous clock mode." says Oppo, according to a rival publication.

TRENDING THREADS