Oppo Release New Media App 2.0

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Oppo have announced that the new version of their Apple Media App has been released. The download link for the media app is:-

From Oppo's homepage - www.oppo-bluray.co.uk/

Misc download section for BDP-103EU:- www.oppo-bluray.co.uk/customer-services/downloads-bdp103eu/

Misc download section for BDP-105EU:- www.oppo-bluray.co.uk/customer-services/downloads-bdp105eu/

(Please note it’s the same version for both BDP-103EU & BDP-105EU)

Or direct from the Apple App Store - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mediacontrolhd/id648243911

Please note that customers will require the latest Beta version BDP10XEU-60-0808B to enable the App to run correctly.

clinton333

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Very well indeed... Thank you... :grin:

The system has totally blown me away with the inclusion of the DB1 and the 201/2's... However I believe you were correct in suggesting the LS50's were more than capable as rears but I love the overall experience of having the full Reference speakers together... Plus I get to appreciate the LS50's every morning and evening in the bedroom :shifty:

I am considering the move to a 204/2 now... :oops:.. It's just accomodating it on the av unit that has held me back really...

I am still really impressed with the Oppo (should stay somewhere on topic) especially with this new app which allows proper control of your source files... flac in my case... and has allowed me to take the PC directly out of the equation... Using it stereo direct is absolutely brilliant :rockout:

Am I correct in thinking you've renovated? Hope it all went/is going Ok for you...

:cheers:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
clinton333 said:
Am I correct in thinking you've renovated? Hope it all went/is going Ok for you...

:cheers:

I am still in the process of redecorating, so system still dismantled. :(

Are the DB1s being used for 7.1?

Sorry to OP for diversion.

clinton333

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I am sure abscence is making the heart grow stronger?! It'll all be worth it in the end... :)

Sorry I meant the B&W DB1... didn't explain properly... I am still 5.1... I tried the LS50's in 7.1 but decided to use them in the other system (good old avr350)...

Did you go from 202/2 to 204/2 you say?

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
clinton333 said:
Did you go from 202/2 to 204/2 you say?

Yes.

It was a little like going from a 201/2 to a 203/2........it has more scale and impact.

Interestingly, since 2 channel is so important to me, I would rather have 205/2s (or a Linn DS); but if AV is more important, then imo it's a worthy upgrade.

clinton333

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Interesting...

I have to confess to being an AV orientated person... but, as stated somewhere peviously, I am really getting into 2 channel but the 205/2's are a step too far for me now... I have followed some other threads on these forums and even thought of something like this as an addition...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231032676072?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

all be it with some demo time prior to purchase...

I have also considered a streamer and NAS for some time but am still a little wary of the setup process and getting eveything working perfectly...

The house is still on the market with an offer accepted so I need to keep things relatively simple at the moment I feel... :doh:

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
clinton333 said:
Interesting...

I have to confess to being an AV orientated person... but, as stated somewhere peviously, I am really getting into 2 channel but the 205/2's are a step too far for me now... I have followed some other threads on these forums and even thought of something like this as an addition...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231032676072?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

all be it with some demo time prior to purchase...

I have also considered a streamer and NAS for some time but am still a little wary of the setup process and getting eveything working perfectly...

The house is still on the market with an offer accepted so I need to keep things relatively simple at the moment I feel... :doh:

Understanding what you want is crucial.

IMO. The Sugden is a lovely idea, but would be somewhat wasted without a Pre of equivalent performance.

Linn use competent dealers, so that they will be on hand to give support or do the install.....I certainly wouldn't have gone down that road without that.

With the quality of kit you now have, the source is the area that (imo) should be looked at first (for 2 channel).

I certainly wouldn't do anything until you have settled into your new house and know what your AV room is like.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts