DiggyGun

Mar 2, 2021
Visit site
I see that Naim have been busy this week releasing new products, including;

• Uniti Nova PE; All-in-one player
  • CI-Uniti 102; All in one streamer and amplifier
  • CI-NAP 108; 8 Channel amplifier
  • CI-NAP 101; Power amplifier
It’s good to see new kit being released.

DG…

manicm

I see that Naim have been busy this week releasing new products, including;

• Uniti Nova PE; All-in-one player
  • CI-Uniti 102; All in one streamer and amplifier
  • CI-NAP 108; 8 Channel amplifier
  • CI-NAP 101; Power amplifier
It’s good to see new kit being released.

DG…

The CI components are for home installers - customers who want the sound system out of sight. And dedicated home theatre.

Reactions: DougK1

Oxfordian

Companies need to have options within their portfolio's, if you don't then you are going to struggle to stay in business.

The Hifi world is now so diversified that you have to have the gear that appeals to the traditionalist as well as modern set-ups, Naim are doing a good job introducing gear that fits the needs of the music lover today.

Plus, you will still be able to get the kit serviced or repaired long after the warranty has passed, not many companies will look after kit that has long since disappeared from the sales catalog.

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
Companies need to have options within their portfolio's, if you don't then you are going to struggle to stay in business.

The Hifi world is now so diversified that you have to have the gear that appeals to the traditionalist as well as modern set-ups, Naim are doing a good job introducing gear that fits the needs of the music lover today.

Plus, you will still be able to get the kit serviced or repaired long after the warranty has passed, not many companies will look after kit that has long since disappeared from the sales catalog.
I'm 66 and I reckon my kit should last me out. There really is no need to spend silly money on kit that can repaired long after your gone. What's the point!

Oxfordian

I'm 66 and I reckon my kit should last me out. There really is no need to spend silly money on kit that can repaired long after your gone. What's the point!
I’m not far behind you, my ATC’s should see me out, if I was keeping the Rega that might, the Audiolab and Hegel possibly but they are the unknown., the Audiolab simply because as a CDT the loading mech may fail, could I get a new mech 5 years down the road? The Hegel well they‘re still earning their stripes so we will have to see

Reactions: nopiano

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
I’m not far behind you, my ATC’s should see me out, if I was keeping the Rega that might, the Audiolab and Hegel possibly but they are the unknown., the Audiolab simply because as a CDT the loading mech may fail, could I get a new mech 5 years down the road? The Hegel well they‘re still earning their stripes so we will have to see
(y)When you get yourself sorted rip your CDs and stream them locally. Never seen the point of a CDT, the DAC in my CDP is a cracker, the spinner sees very little use as I've ripped 95% of my CD collection to a small PC connected to player.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts