New Nagaoka cartridges on the way....

I signed up to the new UK distributor of Nagaoka a couple of days ago. Although they list the brand, their website ‘news’ hasn’t been added to since July. I’m disappointed that distributors sometimes pay so little attention to their web presence. The least I expected was a price list, but that’s obviously too much to ask. :rolleyes:

Reactions: WayneKerr
I signed up to the new UK distributor of Nagaoka a couple of days ago. Although they list the brand, their website ‘news’ hasn’t been added to since July. I’m disappointed that distributors sometimes pay so little attention to their web presence. The least I expected was a price list, but that’s obviously too much to ask. :rolleyes:
I’m not sure they’ve had any news to speak of until now regarding products. They’re all over social media, so it’s not like they’re staying silent. I see quite a few news sections on websites that havent been posted on for years - I think more people get their news from social media nowadays.

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
are you sure?
first I have heard of them or actually seen them for sale

As per the article, so sort of!

Both pickups have been developed from scratch and are supposed to embody the design of future Nagaoka pickups, as was the case with the JT-1210, exclusively manufactured for Technics.

Interested in these as really like my MP150

daytona600

MP are MI moving Iron
JT are MM moving magnet first seen on the $4000 SL1200GAE limited edition a few years back
Nagaoka currently produce more than 90% of all pickup needles & cantilevers sold worldwide come from the traditional manufactory in Higashine, 400 km north of Tokyo.

JT ( Jeweltone ) trade name for MM designs from the 60/80s when they OEM for technics MM
MP ( Moving Permalloy ) 1980s to present Day
T15 echnics_SL-1210GAE_giradischi_torino_nagaoka.jpg

Last edited:
I’m not sure they’ve had any news to speak of until now regarding products. They’re all over social media, so it’s not like they’re staying silent. I see quite a few news sections on websites that havent been posted on for years - I think more people get their news from social media nowadays.
That’s a fair point re social media, but the news I had in mind for their own website was them acquiring the rights to distribute Nagaoka. I think I saw the announcement on Hifi Pig on Facebook, but the website didn’t tell me any more.

MP are MI moving Iron
JT are MM moving magnet first seen on the $4000 SL1200GAE limited edition a few years back
Nagaoka currently produce more than 90% of all pickup needles & cantilevers sold worldwide come from the traditional manufactory in Higashine, 400 km north of Tokyo.

JT ( Jeweltone ) trade name for MM designs from the 60/80s when they OEM for technics MM
MP ( Moving Permalloy ) 1980s to present Day
View attachment 3948
Wow, I didn’t know that. Did they make the famous EPC range for Technics, because they were highly regarded iirc?

Sounds as though they’re to cartridges as Focal is to car speakers!

There's always the MP300 and 500 of course :) I do like Nagaoka.
Way too expensive at the top of the range in my opinion. The JT-80BK might be the best value of the lot.
They used to be a veritable bargain until the massive price hike many years ago.
perhaps they still are very good cartridges but the competition at this price is now more prominent than it was before.

Last edited:
With new distribution comes a complete refresh - not all current dealers will continue to be, and you’ll likely see some new dealers put in place going forward.
Dealers have always updated their stocks with different brands. Neat speakers are only a fairly recent acquisition to Infidelity Hi-fi, and they no longer stock ClearAudio carts, where I purchased the Classic Wood cart

Reactions: Al ears
Perhaps the potential struggle of dealership is something that needs to be discussed but it is a tad removed from the main point of this thread.
One notes that David does not appear to stock any cartridges when looking at the menu of his website but then again that doesn't matter his points are valid somewhere.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts