new mezzo 2s

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
about a month ago i changed my ms 902is for some mezzo 2s up front and today was the first chance ive had to give them a work out with music.thay sounded great at about 60 and even better when turned up to 70. i dont play music this loud most of the time but just wanted to give them a good run. then i noticed on one of the tracs a bit of a hiss or crakle noise comming from the front right tweeter not all the time but just once or twice for a couple of secounds in the trac.i tried a couple of more tunes and all ok then it happend again on a diffrent trac.

what i want to no is was i pushing them to hard,is it because im using an av amp with music,do i need to let them run in a bit.im just worried i may have a fault with one of the speakers.also i am useing my ps3 to transport music stored on 320 atrac could it be faults in the source played at this leval.

set up>ps3 audio files stored atrac,optical lead feading dac magic,onkyo 605 set to pure audio,qed silver aniversary into mezzo 2s on partington stands sitting on granit

ive not noticed this problem with any movies (sony bdp 350 + qed hdmi)or with tv via (sky hd optical feed)and at about 60 vol i dont get this noise.

pls let me no what you guys think as if i have to change the speakers i need to do it as soon as. because i cant afford to upgrade them for a while and my fear is thay may get worse and start doing this at lower levals or with tv and movies

ps if this is an av amp/music problem i do plan to change the amp to one with pre outs and a hifi amp this year .thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts