New Marantz SR5006 & SR6006 reviews?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have emailed the whathifi team to ask when they will be reviewing the new Marantz range (sr5006 and sr6006) and I have not received an email reply so maybe I can get an answer here.

I am very interested to see how whathifi will score the new Marantz AV receivers and it has been out for a while now already so I think this is a good time. I have a feeling that the price of the Marantz may impact the rating as the competition is cheaper with very similar specs.

Anyway, I could not wait forever for the whathifi team to review so I bought the SR5006 as I love the look and the features are great and the sound/video amazing. Only thing I wish the Marantz guys should have done is up scaling from other sources and not just HDMI and the ability to upscale to 4k... both these are done by the cheaper Onkyo 609, however I don’t like how the Onkyo's look.

Any feedback from whathifi team members will be appreciated, please let me know when you think the review will be done or if it will not be done at all?

Thank you.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
The simple answer is 'when we get them': samples of all the new Marantz and Denon products were requested when we attended the launch event in the summer, but AFAIK so far these receivers haven't been forthcoming.

However, good to hear that you're delighted with the one you've bought – after all, that's what really matters...

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much for your reply. I suspected as much, that they did not send you the recievers to test. I suspect that they are a little unsettled about the chance of them scoring less then 5 stars ;) as the competition this year is very tight.

I must say from my side I am quite pleased with my Marantz SR5006 both on performance and looks. It was a very close call between the Marantz and the Onkey 609 (as your reviews spoke very highly of it) but in the end it was the looks that won me over on the Marantz as they both sounded and presented video fantastically.

I am now in the market for an entry level stereo amp and some speakers, leaning towards the B&W685 with a Marantz PM6003 :)

If any one else has any worth while news or reviews on the Marantz SR5006 and SR6006 please do share it here.

Thank you again.

A

Anonymous

I have the SR6006 for about a month now and have to say I'm very pleased with it's musical reproduction. I'm using it in a 2.1 setup mainly for stereo music reproduction. Speakers are Bowers & Wilkins CM8 and subwoofer is REL T3. The Marantz pairs well with the CM8's sound characteristics: the receiver adds a bit of warmth compared to the 'near field' monitoring character of the CM8. I'm not an expert on movie reproduction, but do notice that my blu ray of Harry Potter 7.1 sound better using the Marantz/B&W/REL then from what I heard in the local theater.

For stereo reproduction I can definitely recommend the SR6006. I wonder what the expects say. On the other hand, who cares! It works for me ;)

Audio chain: Apple Lossless audio from Macbook Pro --> Airplay --> SR6006 --> B&W CM8 / REL T3

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
Andrew you should have said! I've had a Denon 3312 sitting in a box in my hallway for the best part of a fortnight (not allowed to set it up until the new AV unit arrives - meant to be delivered today!).

A

Anonymous

Maartene, thank you for your feedback.

I am very impressed with the musical reproduction as well, in stereo and in multi-channel stereo. As for the movie reproduction I am very pleased as well. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows has an epic sound track and your Marantz will deliver over and over again, one of the best movies to audition the Marantz with in terms of sound from film. I would strongly recommend it in Blu-Ray as oppose to DVD for obvious reasons.

As for the picture I must say that the colour tones that it brings are more neutral and feel a bit colder than the vibrancy I personally prefer but this can be adjusted on your TV set. The picture is great with fantastic reproduction of detail and great motion delivery.

All in all I am very pleased and yes I am very interested to hear what the experts have to say :)

A

Anonymous

Why does it seem that not too many people have opted for the Marantz option...:roll: no one seems to have any feedback on these AV receivers...

I have successfully fiddled with zone 2 and I am very impressed, works like a charm. I play the ipod on my balcony and my wife watches TV in our lounge and the sound is perfect in both zones. The remote works like charm when it come to swopping between the zones, volume is easy and source is easy to adjust :)

Very happy.

Does anyone know if the Marantz SR5006 outputs Deep Colour automatically or is there a setting that needs to be enabled?

Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts