New kef Q 5.1 & Pioneer SC-LX73/83; Good partners?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just about saved up for my first AV amp which is probably going to be a Pioneer SC-LX73/83. I've been looking at partnering it up with the MA RX6 AV12 package ,which by all accounts would be a good match, but I am sorely tempted by the new Kef Q 5.1 set up and was wondering if this combination would pair up as well?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Latest mag (page 71), suggests the Monitor Audio RX6 package as the 'Perfect partner' for the Pioneer VSX-LX83.....

I would imagine the Kef's would be good too (heard them on Marantz equipment recently)......but not heard them on a Pioneer receiver..

A

Anonymous

So I've been led to believe - although I'd probably go for the 73 so I've got a bit more cash to spend on extras (av furniture, cables
emotion-14.gif
etc).

The little I've heard about the Kefs has been very positive though, it's going to be interesting to see what David makes of this pairing
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

Hence leaning toward the 73. After all on paper they're not massively different.

A

Anonymous

I have the SC-LX72 and the RX6 pack with RXFX, and all I can say is ...... Its amazing.

The detail when listning to phil collins and led zep and eagles is simply amazing.

I have not heard the Kefs as they wernt out when I bought my pack, But I am very very happy.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Nothing wrong with Phil.....
emotion-2.gif

I use his Farewell Tour concert as my test DVD......it's recording looks/sounds like blu ray quality.....or close to...
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

I was originally looking at getting the Kef Q90's When searching the planet for an upgrade
emotion-2.gif
They sounded wonderfull, but once I saw/listened to the RX package I was sold.

I'm sure you'll like the Kefs tho.

PS I like Phil too
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:c0pperhead:Had a chance to try this pairing out yet David?Unfortunately not yet c0pperhead, but it's definitely on my 'to do' list this week...
emotion-1.gif

emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts