Which 5.1 system to go for?

leon2016

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

New to the world of home cinema and looking into getting a 5.1 system. I've looked at reviews of speaker packages and av receivers and the mid range point fits my budget.

Speaker's I've been looking at are Dali zensor 1 5.1
Dali zensor 5 5.1
Ma bronze 2 5.1
Ma bronze 5 5.1
Q acoustics 3050 5.1

Or is changing say zensor 1 for zensor 3 as fronts a better option?

Av amps been thinking of Denon x2200w, yamaha rx-a850, onKyo 646. Budget around £1500-£1750. Which speaker set up would you recommend and the same with av receiver and cables?

The room size is 14ft by 12ft rectangular. I'd like to have this set up 50/50 when it comes to watching movies and music.

I like watching the big block busters like bond, star wars, the matrix, Lord of the rings, impossible missions. Music wise I like motown, disco, pop, rock & heavy rock. Which speakers and av do you think would get the most out of these types of music and movies?

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
leon2016 said:
Hi,

New to the world of home cinema and looking into getting a 5.1 system. I've looked at reviews of speaker packages and av receivers and the mid range point fits my budget.

Speaker's I've been looking at are Dali zensor 1 5.1 Dali zensor 5 5.1 Ma bronze 2 5.1 Ma bronze 5 5.1 Q acoustics 3050 5.1

Or is changing say zensor 1 for zensor 3 as fronts a better option?

Av amps been thinking of Denon x2200w, yamaha rx-a850, onKyo 646. Budget around £1500-£1750. Which speaker set up would you recommend and the same with av receiver and cables?

The room size is 14ft by 12ft rectangular. I'd like to have this set up 50/50 when it comes to watching movies and music.

I like watching the big block busters like bond, star wars, the matrix, Lord of the rings, impossible missions. Music wise I like motown, disco, pop, rock & heavy rock. Which speakers and av do you think would get the most out of these types of music and movies?
If were my money I would go for the Q acousitcs 3050i 5.1 Listened to the 3050i stereo pair & really liked the way they made music. If anything to go buy should be a good 5.1 setup. But best to audition first before buying. Hope other can give lead to av amp choice.

leon2016

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, I do need to get some auditions in and haven't done so far. Q acoustics have awards left, right and centre for all there speakers and the 3050 are highly rated by what hi-fi. With the 3050's for music do you need a sub or is there more than enough bass? When you listened to them are they a warm sounding speaker or more clinical?

raoulx

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
On this thread http://www.whathifi.com/forum/home-cinema/50-floorstanding-fronts-instead-51 there is discussion if a sub is needed for the QA's. In some cases its a no but with being a movie fan it might be a good idea. A lot of people generally state to try doing same make but BK electronics have some great valued sub's for their money.

I haven't heard them, but thought that other post might be useful for you Leon.

leon2016

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, I'll check out bk electronics. I'll see what my local richer sounds has got and demo speaker's, av receiver's and see which system wins out.

TRENDING THREADS