New Hugo, new Qute -- any rumours?

Timo

May 6, 2016
Visit site
With the arrival of Hugo 2, the 2Qute and in fact the Hugo TT become sort of "lame ducks" in the Chord DAC portfolio -- who wants to buy new, full-price DACs based on an old design??!! So I guess it is only a matter of time before the Hugo's siblings are revamped as well. Any rumours when we might have a new Qute and indeed a new TT?

Cheers!

Timo

Timo

May 6, 2016
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Hope not I just bought a Chord 2qute only last week - very happy with it too !!

Well, the 2Qute is based on the Hugo 1 design. So with Hugo 2, the 2Qute becomes somewhat outdated, even though Chord might not want to replace it right away for commercial reasons...

Timo

May 6, 2016
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Hope not I just bought a Chord 2qute only last week - very happy with it too !!

Well, the 2Qute is based on the Hugo 1 design. So with Hugo 2, the 2Qute becomes somewhat outdated, even though Chord might not want to replace it right away for commercial reasons...

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
With a new chord DAC older ones are not outdated, this is bs. Music is not even readily available at the resolution these DACs can decode now. Needing the newest tech is often purely a want from marketing, probably a big majority of people don't need a DAC that does anything higher resolution than lossless cd quality

Timo

May 6, 2016
Visit site
muljao said:
With a new chord DAC older ones are not outdated, this is bs. Music is not even readily available at the resolution these DACs can decode now. Needing the newest tech is often purely a want from marketing, probably a big majority of people don't need a DAC that does anything higher resolution than lossless cd quality

If you need a new coat to keep you warm, you can of course buy one from the last season -- will do the job. But would you pay full price? Especially, when the new season stuff keeps you warmer? Well. you might say it never gets that cold where you will. So you might be just fine with the coat from the last season. But again, with new technology out, why pay full price???

Very soon, 2Qute prices will tumble -- possibly a great opportunity to get a good bargain and then put the saved monies into a couple of posh wires? *biggrin* But you might think good cables are "BS" as well...

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Timo said:
muljao said:

If you need a new coat to keep you warm, you can of course buy one from the last season -- will do the job. But would you pay full price? Especially, when the new season stuff keeps you warmer? Well. you might say it never gets that cold where you will. So you might be just fine with the coat from the last season. But again, with new technology out, why pay full price???

Very soon, 2Qute prices will tumble -- possibly a great opportunity to get a good bargain and then put the saved monies into a couple of posh wires? *biggrin* But you might think good cables are "BS" as well...
I sense from the tone offence was taken, well none meant.

We are on a forum here, and everybody likes new toys and higher specs etc. My point was chord DACs are so far ahead of tech available it will likely take years for music to be available for the abilities they have even now. I understand not wanting to buy something that becomes last year's model fully.

As for cables, i think well made cables are of course the way to go. Would i pay a hundred quid for a usb or optical cable, not a chance

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts