New DacMagic- review coming?

roten

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Cambridge Audio is launching a new version of DacMagic, [EDITED BY MODS - EMBARGOED INFO]

Is there a review coming for this soon?

[EDITED BY MODS TO REMOVE COPYRIGHTED IMAGE]

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Indeed - but as we are under embargo re talking about any new products I will need to check dates etc. And indeed whether we can reveal what we were briefed on :)

roten

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
I am looking forward to understanding if it is possible to use this as a pre-amp for a 2nd system

It has a volume control and a headphone socket, but still no information on whether it has varable output for power amp

roten

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi JD

I'm alright thank you. Still at same place - just about the only one left from when you were here :)

How are things with you?

TR

John Duncan

<of no interest to anybody else>

Very good indeed, just passed my probation :-D. Working with a couple of people from the old ITV days, coincidentally.

I hear there's a get-together coming up soon, may be able to do that one...

</of no interest to anybody else>

6th.replicant

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Looks nice. Add a streamer and some good powered speakers and you'd have a nice system...

...If you like a top-end that sounds like...

4GlassShaterLarge-300x150.jpg

:grin:

roten

Dec 3, 2008
Visit site
<of no interest to anybody else>

John Duncan said:
Very good indeed, just passed my probation :-D. Working with a couple of people from the old ITV days, coincidentally.

I hear there's a get-together coming up soon, may be able to do that one...

Excellent! There is and "office night out" here on 28th, if you have time. Is this what you were thinking of? Pub has promised to stay open until 1.30 :rofl:

</of no interest to anybody else>

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Going back on topic....

Apologies for the pruning we just had to do, but the pics/info were from an unofficial source (not the OP's fault).

The Cambridge Audio DacMagic family is indeed to be extended, but exact details - including specs, packaging and pricing - have yet to be finalised.

We'll bring you all the official information when it's available, followed by reviews.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Honestly, don't stress about it. We just want to make sure that any product-launch thread is based on actual facts, rather than speculation. Well, we can try :)

A

Anonymous

Don't worry about removing it Claire, I have a photo graphic memory. It is impossible to unsee things. :shifty:

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
I've just made an anonymous phone call to a Richer Sounds branch...

Did you have a one-time use SIM card? Or did you use a public phone box in a different town to where you live?

I hope you disguised your voice and wore a wide brimmed hat to hide your face from CCTV or Richer Sounds' network of keyhole satellites.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts