New DAC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

My I suggest you give away your old DAC for first prize??
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

Benchmark would be total overkill for the Solo. It doesnt appear that Chebby is looking to upgrade his Solo any time soon, so for that reason, Beresford

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
i shall be miffed if it is the bereesford, what with it not being on the site.

just want that to be duly noted mr beresford.

miffed, i tell you!
emotion-12.gif

but then, i probably wouldnt get it anyway, unless i used a laptop with a usb for music...

A

Anonymous

Hope you enjoy your new dac chebby, Is there a difference in sound quality between your beresford and the TC-7510 the cheaper one. Is the extra cost just for the usb and headphone amp?

A

Anonymous

I remember recently Stanley was on a headphone forum talking about he he was going to significantly improve the headphone section on the next (this) model. It's not been so good on all the models so far. WIll be interested to hear your thoughts Chebby.ÿ

A

Anonymous

The Solo mini has quite a good DAC doesn't it? The one used in the CD73T? How does this compare?

A

Anonymous

Octopo:Oh, I get it. Blue lights...
I have a blue light on my Quad 405 now
emotion-2.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I have been reading Stanley's account of the development of this model since Christmas on another website.

It is not a TC-7510 with USB slapped in. This is a completely different box apparently. (I have never had the TC-7510 to compare.)

It is not going to replace the TC-7510 as a product.

A

Anonymous

Interesting, particularly when you weren't very impressed with the dacmagic. I am not questioning you on that of course, since I haven't heard the dacmagic but do have the beresford 6/3 and I can only concur, the bass is tightened, the seperation is brilliant and as you said, more immediate, more rhythm and sparkle to the delivery.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
hi fi newbie:
Interesting, particularly when you weren't very impressed with the dacmagic. I am not questioning you on that of course, since I haven't heard the dacmagic but do have the beresford 6/3 and I can only concur, the bass is tightened, the seperation is brilliant and as you said, more immediate, more rhythm and sparkle to the delivery.

So Chebby, do you prefer the Beresford to the DM?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts