New CDP or DAC? £250 budget

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The internal DAC in my Arcam Alpha 8 has broken. With about £250 to spend which would be better, to keep using the Alpha 8 as a transport and buy an exteranl DAC, or just to buy a new CDP?

Cheers

daveh75

Well if it was me think i'd go for a new CDP as the alpha8 is getting on a bit now and the DAC has already packed up who know's how long the transport may last. For a bit over your budget you could get a new/end of line Arcam CD73T from here.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
daveh75:Well if it was me think i'd go for a new CDP as the alpha8 is getting on a bit now and the DAC has already packed up who know's how long the transport may last. For a bit over your budget you could get a new/end of line Arcam CD73T from here.

I agree with daveh but if you have a dvd player, get a DacMagic and you will have a better source than the Arcam 8 and the Arcam CD73.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:daveh75:Well if it was me think i'd go for a new CDP as the alpha8 is getting on a bit now and the DAC has already packed up who know's how long the transport may last. For a bit over your budget you could get a new/end of line Arcam CD73T from here. I agree with daveh but if you have a dvd player, get a DacMagic and you will have a better source than the Arcam 8 and the Arcam CD73. Does it matter how cheap the DVD player was? Could I pick one up for £30 say, with the Dacmagic, and still ouplay the CD73T?

T

the record spot

Or consider the used market to stretch your money a bit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts