New Cd player?

cse

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
My Densen CD player has completely packed in (no power whatsover). I have tried with a different mains lead, so it's not that. It supposedly has a lifetime warrenty, but has to be posted back to Denmark at my expense. Still waiting to hear from their services department. Anyway, if they fix it, I was thinking of selling it (if possible. After about three years, I've strated to tire of it's upfront style. I was thinking of the Marantz SACD Pearl Liteas a replacement. Any thoughts? I have Neat Petit SX speakers and a Roksan Caspiam MK1 amp.

Mooly

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I recently got a Pearl Lite SACD and have to say it's brilliant. It replaced a highly regarded Micromega Stage 2 and the difference is remarkable. It's in the way the music comes together as much as anything... that indefinable (well maybe not so indefinable as it's so obvious) quality that is so obvious when you hear it. The MM was good, I had it 17 years but the Marantz is exceptional.

As to the Densen... never seen heard or worked on one but if it is totally dead then I would at least have a look and see if an internal mains fuse has blown. Maybe there is a fuse accessible on the rear panel. A blown fuse can be just a one off random event. There are reasons why it happens such as transient voltage spike etc. Definitely worth a look though.

cse

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
As to the Densen... never seen heard or worked on one but if it is totally dead then I would at least have a look and see if an internal mains fuse has blown. Maybe there is a fuse accessible on the rear panel. A blown fuse can be just a one off random event. There are reasons why it happens such as transient voltage spike etc. Definitely worth a look though.

Thanks. Found the fuse on the rear panel. The Densen had a spare one next to the blown one, so I changes it and hey presto, it's working again!

cse

Mar 3, 2008
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi cse

Which Densen cd player have you got?

What do you generally listen to?

Your overall budget is?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Rick, I listen mostly to classical, but also Van Morrison, Neil Young, Steely Dan etc.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts